On this page:
- Alta is the most populated municipality in Finnmark county, Norway. The administrative centre of the municipality is the town of Alta. Some of the main villages in the municipality include Kåfjord, Komagfjord, Kvenvik, Langfjordbotn, Leirbotn, Rafsbotn, Talvik, and Tverrelvdalen.
- Alta is a town in Salt Lake County, Utah, United States. It is part of the Salt Lake City, Utah Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 383 at the 2010 census, a slight increase from the 2000 figure of 370.
- Alta a.k.a. Alta, California: Alta is a small unincorporated community and census-designated place in Placer County, California, United States, about 30 miles northeast of Auburn. The village is located off Interstate 80 and along the historical First Transcontinental Railroad. The ZIP code is 95701 and the area code 530. One of the few buildings other than private residences is the Alta-Dutch Flat Grammar School serving kindergarten through eighth grade students. The high school that serves Alta is Colfax high School. Colfax High School is 11 miles southwest in the incorporated town of Colfax. The population of Alta was 610 at the 2010 census.
- read more about Alta, California
- Alta a.k.a. Alta, Illinois: Alta is an unincorporated community on the northwest border of Peoria in Peoria County, Illinois, United States. Alta is 8 miles north-northwest of downtown Peoria. The decommissioned Illinois State Route 174 runs through Alta, and the Rock Island Trail begins in Alta.
- read more about Alta, Illinois
- Alta is an unincorporated community in Helt Township, Vermillion County, Indiana, United States.
There are other places with in their name, like Toa Alta, Alta Loma, Vega Alta, alta badia, Alta Plaza, Alta Vista, Breña Alta, Briga Alta, Milpa Alta, Ponte Alta, Punta Alta, Serra Alta, Terra Alta, Alta Gracia, Alta-Talvik, Gerola Alta, Marina Alta, Vargem Alta, Caravia Alta and Chincha Alta.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alta (town)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Alta (town)
Kentucky Railway Museum
Photo credit: quexxon
Anagrams of ALTA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Alta!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alta to see it in context!