On this page:
Definition of the noun altaic language
What does altaic language mean as a name of something?
- a group of related languages spoken in Asia and southeastern Europe
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- synonym of Altaic language: Altaic
- more generic word: Ural-Altaic = a (postulated) group of languages including many of the indigenous languages of Russia
- more specific terms:
- Turkic language / Turko-Tatar / Turkic / Turki = a subfamily of Altaic languages
- Tungusic language / Tungusic = a family of Altaic languages spoken in Mongolia and neighboring areas
- Mongolic language / Mongolian / Mongolic = a family of Altaic language spoken in Mongolia
- Korean = the Altaic language spoken by Koreans
- Japanese = the language (usually considered to be Altaic) spoken by the Japanese
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Altaic language
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Dictionary of Languages (1998)
The Definitive Reference to More Than 400 Languages by Andrew Dalby
ALTAIC LANGUAGE .
by James Stuart Olson
The Altaic language family is divided into three branches. The Turkic branch includes, in the People's Republic of China (PRC), the Kazak,* Kirgiz,* Tatar,* Uzbek,* Uigur,* Yugur,* and Salar* languages. Mongolian* (see MONGOL) is the ...
Includes Abbreviations, Geographical Names, Foreign Words and Phrases, Forms of Address, Weights and Measures, Signs and Symbols by Albert Morehead, Philip D. Morehead, Loy Morehead
Mongolian, the Altaic language of Mongolia. Mow Khmer, a language family of SE Asia, including languages spoken in Cambodia, India, Burma, and Vietnam. Nahnatf, the language of the Indians of central Mexico and Central America, ...
Mongolian English Dictionary (2013)
Altaic, Алтайн хэл Altaic language АЛТАН gold, golden, ~ амтай fairspoken, ~ амь one's preciouslife, ~ аяга бариад гуйлга хийх to be a rich beggar,to beg in spite of one's wealth, ~ баталгаа gold backing (fin.), ~ гартай with a magic touch, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Altaic language
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Altaic language
If you need images about Altaic language for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Video language resources about Altaic language
Click on an item to play that video:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Altaic language to find many related words and phrases!