On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun altair
What does altair mean as a name of something?
- double star 15.7 light years from Earth; the brightest star in the Aquila constellation
Altair a.k.a. Altair Engineering is a product design and development, engineering software and cloud computing software company. Altair was founded by James R Scapa, George Christ, and Mark Kistner in 1985. Over its history, it has had various locations near Detroit, Michigan, USA.
- read more about Altair Engineering
- Altair a.k.a. Altail is a fictional character from the Zoids: New Century Zero anime.
- read more about Altail
- Altair is a fictional character from the 1988 film The Long Haul.
"Altair" is a 1995 short animation film directed by Lewis Klahr.
- country: United States of America
- language: Short Film
- released in (22 years ago)
"ALTAIR" is a composition.
- Altair is a city in the state of São Paulo in Brazil. The latitude is 20.37 South and to one 49.03 longitude West. The population in 2004 is 3,679. The area is 317.832 km². The neighboring municipalities are Icém to the north and Olímpia to the east.
- The Altair Project is a residential and commercial development under construction in Colombo, Sri Lanka. At 68 stories and 240m, the building will be one of the tallest buildings in Colombo when it is completed. The building is situated adjacent to Beira Lake on 2 acres of land located at 127, Sir James Pieris Mawatha, Colombo 00200. As of August 2013, piling is completed.
- Altair a.k.a. Altair, Texas: Altair is an unincorporated community in Colorado County, Texas, United States. It is located at the four-way stop sign junction of U.S. Route 90 Alternate and State Highway 71. The community had an estimated population of 30 in 2000.
- read more about Altair, Texas
- Altair is the brightest star in the constellation Aquila and the twelfth brightest star in the night sky.
- The Altair spacecraft, previously known as the Lunar Surface Access Module or LSAM, was the planned lander spacecraft component of NASA's cancelled Project Constellation. Astronauts would have used the spacecraft for landings on the Moon, which was intended to begin around 2019. The Altair spacecraft was planned to be used both for lunar sortie and lunar outpost missions. On February 1, 2010, U.S. President Barack Obama announced a proposal to cancel the Constellation program, to be replaced with a re-scoped program, effective with the U.S. 2011 fiscal year budget.
- also known as 牵牛星号
- The Altair was a solid-fuel rocket with a fiberglass casing, initially developed for use as the third stage of Vanguard rockets. It was manufactured by Allegany Ballistics Laboratory as the X-248. It was also sometimes called the Burner 1.
- Altair is a periodical, magazine.
- Altair is a software developer.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Altair
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Cram101 Textbook Reviews
PLACES, CONCEPTS Altair: Altair is the brightest star in the constellation Aquila and the twelfth brightest star in the night sky. It is currently in the Gcloud. Altair is an Atype main sequence star with an apparent visual magnitude of 0.77 and is ...
Science with Adaptive Optics (2005)
Proceedings of the ESO Workshop Held at Garching, Germany, 16-19 September 2003 by Wolfgang Brandner, Markus E. Kasper
System Description and Characteristics Altair is a large opto-mechanical instrument (1.5m x 1.5m x 2.5m) that bolts onto one of the Instrument Support Structure (ISS) faces, at the Cassegrain focus of the Gemini North Telescope. In the ISS, a ...
Astronomy, Extragalactic astronomy by Cram101 Textbook Reviews
Altair is the brightest star in the constellation Aquila and the twelfth brightest star in the night sky. It is an A-type main sequence star with an apparent visual magnitude of 0.77 and is one ofthe vertices of the Summer Triangle; the other two are ...
Trillion Dollar Prophet (2010)
by Sean Gallacher
Altair is the first time we encounter planets behaving as binary stars.
by Jean-Pierre Rozelot
Altair is a delta Scuti star and its power spectrum shows seven frequencies from WIRE observations . Modelling of these pulsations has been attempted by 80 M.J. Goupil 7: Fast Rotators: Nonperturbative Approaches.
Astronomy, Extragalactic astronomy by Cram101 Textbook Reviews
Altair Hydra Hydra Cluster Milky Way Venus Altair is the brightest star in the constellation Aquila and the twelfth brightest star in the night sky. It is an A-type main sequence star ...
The Lexicon of Proto-Oceanic (2007)
The Culture and Environment of Ancestral Oceanic Society. The physical environment. 2 by Malcolm Ross, Andrew Pawley, Meredith Osmond
References may be at times to the constellation of Aquila rather than its most prominent star, Altair. The five Chuukic languages reflect 'PEOc/PMic *maRi/*mai 'breadfruit' while the Marshallese term, although formally similar, reflects POc ...
Hippie Dictionary (2013)
A Cultural Encyclopedia of the 1960s and 1970s by John Bassett Mccleary
Altair 8080 “the people's computer," one of the first popular hobbyist computers ( personal computer or microcomputer). It was a kit produced and sold by Micro Instrumentation and Telemetry Systems lMlTS), a company owned by Ed Roberts .
by J.K. Petersen
Altair The Altair was designed by Edward Roberts, William Yates, and Jim Bybee. The introductory price for the first three months was $395 for the kit, and $650 for a fully assembled unit. Programming was accomplished by means of small dip ...
Volume 13 - Optical Disks to Production Scheduling by Allen Kent, James G. Williams
began in 1975 as an Atlanta retail computer store that sold the original MITS Altair microcomputer kits. The company made the transition from hardware reselling to software development in answer to its customers' ...
by Morgen Witzel
– had invented a small computer called the Altair 8080. The Altair had no monitor or ...
by Michael Graves
Altair 8800 This was one of the first personal computers released ...
by James L. Mooney
Daniels commanding Class: AD-11 (Altair) AD-13 RIGEL (ex-SS EDGECOMBE) Built at Skinner & Eddy Corp., Seattle, Wash. Keel laid 9/16/18, ...
by Edwin D. Reilly
The Altair was designed for the magazine by MITS, a company consisting of about 10 employees located in Albuquerque, NM. Despite its many shortcomings , this kit filled the space of "personal computer" that had been empty. It cost less than ...
by Patrick Peebles
ALTAIR • 31 lese organizations to the APC, which discussed ethnic issues only in general terms. After many postponements, Jayewardene announced proposals that the conference would discuss in December. The TULF rejected these, and ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Altair
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Altair
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Reindertot
Photo credit: adactio
Photo credit: menestrello
Photo credit: Shemsu.Hor
Photo credit: www.cocinasstyle.es
Photo credit: Tom Walk
Photo credit: eliud51
Photo credit: AlvaroPortugal
- Altair Philly
The Altair (Ex S/S SEALAND FINANCE) waiting to be towed to Avondale Shipyard in New Orleans for conversion.
Photo credit: cmakin
- Altair & Horizon
Altair has now a tail!! Horizon is waiting for hers (rat one) and for shoes (must customize the default chibi ones)
Photo credit: La Tarte au Citron
- Computer History - Altair
Photo credit: gabrielsaldana
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Altair
ESL Winter Cup Pulse altair vs DDR
See also the pronunciation examples of Altair!
Scrabble value of A1L1T1A1I1R1
The value of this 6-letter word is 6 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALTAIR
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Altair!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Altair to see it in context!