On this page:
- Definition of the adjective altered
- Definition of the noun altered
- Definition of the verb altered
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Altered
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Altered
- Photos about Altered
- Video language resources about Altered
- Quotes about Altered
- Scrabble value of A1L1T1E1R1E1D2
- Anagrams of ALTERED
- Share this page
Altered is a member of the word family alter, included in the Academic Word List by Dr. Averil Coxhead, which contains the 570 most frequent word families used in academic texts from a variety of subject areas, of interest for students that learn the words most needed to study at tertiary institutions.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective altered
What does altered mean as an attribute of a noun?
- changed in form or character without becoming something else
- having testicles or ovaries removed
- changed in order to improve or made more fit for a particular purpose
Definition of the noun altered
What does altered mean as a name of something?
Specialised definition of the noun altered
Glossary of sports / motorsports
a class of drag racer that starts with an automobile body and can then be modified in almost any manner
Definition of the verb altered
What does altered mean as a doing word?
- past of alter
"Altered" is a science fiction film that contains elements of creature-feature horror, and was released straight-to-DVD in 2006. Altered was directed by Eduardo Sánchez, co-director of the box office success, The Blair Witch Project, and written by Jamie Nash.
- also known as Transformare genetica
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Gregg Hale & Robin Cowie
- executive producer: Bob Eick
- James Gammon as Sheriff Henderson
- Michael C. Williams as Otis
- Brad William Henke as Duke
- Adam Kaufman as Wyatt
- Joe Unger as Mr. Towne
- Misty Rosas as Foki Scout
- Paul McCarthy-Boyington as Cody
- Catherine Mangan as Hope
- John William Wright as Monger Warrior #1
- Shea Elmore as Monger Warrior #2
- Klaus Heesch as Monger Warrior #3
- Matt McCann as Monger Warrior #4
- Phil Stevenson as Monger Warrior #5
- Eduardo Sánchez as Monger Warrior #6
- edited by Michael Cronin
- genres: Science Fiction, Horror, Psychological thriller, Sci-Fi Horror
- rating: R (USA)
- released in (10 years ago)
- official website: www.alteredmovie.com
- "Altered" is a musical album of Switch Technique.
- released on (4 years ago)
- "Altered" is a musical album of Altered.
- released in (13 years ago)
Altered is a musical group.
- albums: "Altered", "Angular", "Graphic"
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Altered
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
All the Essential Chords in an Easy-to-Follow Format! by Alfred Music
Rather, an altered chord is an extended chord where the 5th or 9th is raised or lowered with an accidental. Doing this adds a non-diatonic note (a note not belonging to the key) to the chord and thus creates a lot of tension, which is the whole ...
by Kari Juusela
A chord suffix indicating an altered chord. (2) See alternative rock. altered chord. (1) In jazz harmony, a dominant 7 chord with tensions E9, B9, E5, and E13 . (2) In classical harmony, another name for a chromatic harmony (e.g., a secondary ...
by Thomas Lathrop Stedman
APP 362 NURSING DIAGNOSES: DEFINITIONS AND CLASSIFICATION IMPAIRED SKIN INTEGRITY Definition Altered epidermis and/or dermis Defining Characteristics • Invasion of body structures • Destruction of skin layers (dermis) ...
Volume 41 - Polymers: Rubber Modified to Pressure-Relieving Devices: Rupture Disks: Low Burst Pressures by John J. McKetta Jr
an altered zone having a radius of only a few feet will significantly affect the average permeability in a radial flow system. Example 4. Use all the basic data and assumptions provided in Example 3 plus the following: assume that a ...
by Howard Wallach
ALTERED. CHORDSAND. SECONDARY. DOMINANT. CHORDS. Occasionally chord progressions deviate from the norm. The Roman numeral system is used to designate altered chords and secondary chords, as on page 32. Secondary ...
by Mark A. Runco, Steven Pritzker
Possible Mechanisms Altered States of Consciousness An ''altered'' conscious state can be defined as one that can be recognized by an individual (or group), or by an external observer of that individual ...
A Universal Alphabet, Grammar, and Language; comprising a scientific classication of the radical elements of discourse, and illustrative translations, to which is added a Dictionary of the Language (1856)
by George EDMONDS (Attorney, of London.)
Prendipoo, the being altered. Fendipoo, the being appropriated Frendipoo, the being alienated. Tendipoo, the being claimed. Trendipoo, the being abdicated. Kendipoo, the being taken. Krendipoo, the being left. Bendipoo, the being had.
by Genie Gertz, Patrick Boudreault
Although there is generally a low chance of meeting a partner who carries the same altered gene, this chance is somewhat higher for two d/Deaf people who both have a family history suggestive of recessive inheritance—because Connexin ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Altered
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Altered
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Altered sign
Altered sign, Sacramento, CA
Photo credit: uvw916a
- Altered Figure
Photo credit: mikecogh
- Altered Journal: Problems with White Space
Photo credit: oceanna.kolb
- Altered Domino Necklace
Photo credit: peregrine blue
- UFO (Altered Book)
small format vintage book, folded pages, metal plate, marble, dowel
Photo credit: robfos
- Altered Frame
A quick frame, created using an old frame, revamping with a little colour, and adding chipboard elements to decorate.
Photo credit: Sandie Edwards
Video language resources about Altered
Click on an item to play that video:
- Guitar Lesson - Essential Jazz Vocabulary 1 - Altered Tonality
Interactive TAB/Backing Track/Practice Track...
- Altered Meaning 4 0
- Global Eyes Altered State The Meaning of Marriage
- Explanation with the altered and unaltered coffee filter
- Altered Books ESL NYC
- ALTERED INTERIOR redefining space in your language
- Altered Dictionary Paper
- Dictionary of Abstract Painters ALTERED
- Description - Conor and the Crossworlds, Book Three: Surviving an Altered World
View more videos about Altered States.
See also the pronunciation examples of Altered!
Quotes about Altered
Scrabble value of A1L1T1E1R1E1D2
The value of this 7-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALTERED
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Altered!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Altered to see it in context!