On this page:
- Definition of the noun alternating current
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alternating current
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alternating current
- Photos about Alternating current
- Video language resources about Alternating current
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun alternating current
What does alternating current mean as a name of something?
- an electric current that reverses direction sinusoidally
- lexical domain: Natural Phenomena - nouns denoting natural phenomena
- synonyms of alternating current: AC / alternating electric current
- antonym of alternating current: direct current
- more generic terms: electrical energy / electricity / power = energy made available by the flow of electric charge through a conductor
Alternative definition of the noun alternating current
- an electric current in which the direction of flow of the electrons reverses periodically having an average of zero, with positive and negative values (with a frequency of 50 Hz in Europe, 60 Hz in the US, 400 Hz for airport lighting, and some others); especially such a current produced by a rotating generator or alternator.
"Alternating Current" is a musical album of AC/DC.
- released in (23 years ago)
"Alternating current" is a book written by Octavio Paz.
- language: Spanish Language
- released in (42 years ago)
Alternating current is Helen Lane's translation of Corriente alterna by Octavio Paz.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alternating current
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
a cyclopedia of words, terms, phrases and data used in the electric arts, trades and sciences by Nehemiah Hawkins
Alternating Current Transformer. Alignment. — 1. The line to which adjustment is made, or things are arranged in line ...
The Encyclopedia of Physics (2013)
by Robert Besancon
Since any alternating current may be expressed as the sum of a series of sinusoidal terms, the remainder of this article will be devoted to a discussion of sinusoidal voltages and currents. Root-mean-square Value The equation for an ...
by Michael D. Holloway, Chikezie Nwaoha
Wire Rope & Cable Alternating Current: An electric current that continually reverses its direction giving a definite plus and minus wave form at fixed intervals. Electrical Alternating Current (AC): One that reverses at regularly recurring intervals ...
by Ari Ben-Menahem
At stake, in effect, was the path of industrial development in the United States, and whether the Tesla-Westinghouse alternating current or Edison's direct current would be the chosen technology. It was at this time that Edison launched a ...
by Stephen Diller, Janelle Diller
Electricity is provided in the United States and Canada as either single or triple phase alternating current. The high voltage service lines from the power source to user locations are run either overhead or underground, with transformers ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alternating current
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Alternating current
If you need images about Alternating current for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Video language resources about Alternating current
Click on an item to play that video:
- Alternating current Meaning
Video shows what alternating current means. an electric current in which the direction of flow of the electrons reverses periodically having an average of zero, ...
- Description of an Alternating Current AC Dynamo
An ac dynamo consists of 4 (four) major parts - Armature, Permanent magnet, Two Slip rings, Two carbon brushes. The Armature A B C D consists of a coil made ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Alternating current!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alternating current to see it in context!