On this page:
Who is Aluísio Azevedo?
Aluísio Azevedo: Aluísio Tancredo Gonçalves de Azevedo was a Brazilian novelist, caricaturist, diplomat, playwright and short story writer. Initially a Romantic writer, he would later adhere to the Naturalist movement. He introduced the Naturalist movement in Brazil with the novel O Mulato, in 1881.
- also known as Aluisio Azevedo, Aluísio Tancredo Gonçalves de Azevedo
- born on (158 years ago) in São Luís, child of David Gonçalves de Azevedo and Emília Amália Pinto de Magalhães
- nationality: Brazil
- profession: Writer, journalist, playwright, diplomat
- died on (102 years ago) in La Plata
- written works: "O Cortiço", "O Mulato"
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aluísio Azevedo
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: