On this page:
- Definition of the noun aluminium
- Phrases with Aluminium
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aluminium
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aluminium
- Photos about Aluminium
- Video language resources about Aluminium
- Scrabble value of A1L1U1M3I1N1I1U1M3
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun aluminium
What does aluminium mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: aluminiums
- a silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite
- examples: Powders of aluminium, magnesium, silicon, etc. explode. | Near the bed, the composite aluminium robot, with a human shape and with a rubber skin, cleverly painted to resemble human skin, glued to its body, was standing naked. | Many boxes are produced out of aluminium. | Aluminium is a metal. | The principal natural isotope of aluminium is aluminium-27. | Aluminium and glass are important materials in civil construction, even though not as important as steel and wood, for instance. | The weight of aluminium in the Earth's crust corresponds to 8.13% of the total weight. | Every recycled aluminium can saves enough energy to power a TV for three hours.
- lexical domain: Substances - nouns denoting substances
- synonyms of aluminium: Al / aluminum / atomic number 13
- more generic terms: metal / metallic element = any of several chemical elements that are usually shiny solids that conduct heat or electricity and can be formed into sheets etc.
- more specific terms:
- substance of: aluminium foil / aluminum foil / tin foil = foil made of aluminum; bauxite = a clay-like mineral; the chief ore of aluminum; composed of aluminum oxides and aluminum hydroxides
Aluminium is a musical group.
- album: "Aluminium"
- released in (16 years ago)
"Aluminium" is a book by Joseph W. Richards.
- also known as "Aluminium its history, occurrence, properties, metallurgy and applications, including its alloys"; "Aluminium; its history, occurrence, properties, metallurgy and applications, including its alloys"
- Aluminium is the name of a music project based upon an orchestral reworking of the music of the band The White Stripes. Its members are Richard Russell and Joby Talbot. Jack White, of the White Stripes, has endorsed the project.
- Aluminium a.k.a. Aluminum is an industry.
- read more about Aluminum
Phrases with Aluminium
Phrases starting with the word Aluminium:
- aluminium foil
- aluminium oxide
- aluminium bronze
- Aluminium hydride
- aluminium chloride
- Aluminium silicate
- aluminium hydroxide
Phrases ending with the word Aluminium:
Other phrases containing the word Aluminium:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aluminium
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The International Encyclopedia of Adverse Drug Reactions and Interactions by Jeffrey K. Aronson
Aluminium is a metallic element (symbol Al; atomic no. 13), a light, silver-colored, malleable metal. Aluminium is the most abundant of all metals and is obtained from bauxite ores by the production of alumina, which is then smelted to produce ...
by Surinder Singh Virdi
Aluminium is a lightweight, malleable, ductile and durable metal that has numerous uses in the construction industry. It is a sustainable material as the physical properties of the metal after recycling are the same as those of the original metal.
Design & Make It! (2001)
Electronic Products by Dave Mawson, Paul Bell
Aluminium is a light and, in its natural state, fairly soft metal. It comes in the same forms as steel and can...
by Adrian P Mouritz
Aluminium recycling Aluminium is the most common metal used in civil and military aircraft and, therefore, the ability to recycle this material using an economically viable and environmentally friendly process is ...
Waste, Recycling and Reuse (2009)
by Sally Morgan
Using aluminium Aluminium is a shiny, strong, malleable metal that.
by A.J. Downs
Aluminium is the most abundant metal in the earth's crust whereas the other three , although not rare elements, occur only in fractions of one part per million (ppm). 1 Aluminium is widely distributed in clays and shales, but is also present in high ...
The Earth (1838)
Its Physical Condition and Most Remarkable Phenomena by William Mullinger Higgins
Aluminium is a moat important principle, and, although it is never found pure, it constitutes, when combined with oxygen, one of the most extensively distributed mineral substances. Aluminium is the base of alum, clay, and other mineral ...
The Elements of Chemistry (1883)
For the Use of Schools, Academies, and Colleges by Edwin James Houston
Aluminium is the third most abundant of the elements. It occurs naturally in a vast ... Metallic aluminium is a metal of a tin-white color, that possesses a variety of properties that eminently fit it for extended use in the arts. It can take a high polish ...
Excel HSC Chemistry (2003)
by C. M. Roebuck
Aluminium is a reactive metal that, from its position in the table of redox reactions, should be easily corroded, yet it is not.
by CTI Reviews
Aluminium: Aluminium is a silvery white member of the boron group of chemical elements. It has the symbol Al and its atomic number is 13. It is not soluble in water under normal circumstances. Aluminium is the most abundant metal in the ...
by CTI Reviews
Aluminium is a chemical element in the boron group with symbol Al and atomic number 13. It is a silvery white, soft, ductile metal. Aluminium is the third most abundant element (after oxygen and silicon), and the most abundant metal, in the ...
The Family Library (Harper). (1836)
Aluminium is a most important principle, and, although it is never found pure, it constitutes, when combined with oxygen, one of the most extensively distributed mineral substances. Aluminium is the base of alum, clay, and other mineral ...
Economic Geology (2011)
Principles and Practice by Walter L. Pohl
Aluminium is the most important of the noniron metals. About 95% of bauxite produced is processed into aluminium metal. The remaining 5%, typically ore of very high quality (“chemical grade”) with >52% Al2O3, serves as an industrial raw ...
by Peter Atkins
2 ( ( ( ( + → + Aluminium is the most abundant metallic element in the crustal regions of the Earth and makes up approximately 8 per cent by mass of crustal ...
Metallurgy of Welding (2012)
by J. F. Lancaster
Aluminium is a useful metal for handling strong nitric acid, but high-purity aluminium is required for the more severe conditions. In such conditions weld metal is selectively attacked, probably because of the inevitable segregation in the cast ...
by Robin Gill
Aluminium is the commonest metallic element in the crust (Figure 11.7 ). Its malleability, ductility, electrical conductivity, chemical stability and low density make it an ideal metal for many industrial and domestic uses. The oxide ...
by Suseela Yesudian
Aluminium is a slow moving industry, soit couldbe interpreted thatifallthe objectivesof thisacquisition were achieved, namely, reducedprice ceiling exposure,productmix andpricegains, volume improvements, leverage on first mover advantage ...
by Paul G Smith
silver copper brass cast-iron mild steel aluminium ( anodic ...
Encyclopedia of Tribology (1990)
by C. Kajdas, E. Wilusz, S. Harvey
ALUMINIUM (A9) Silvery-white metal. Density 2.7, mp 660°C. It has good electrical conductivity and high thermal conductivity. Aluminium exhibits high resistance to atmospheric corrosion due to a very tenacious oxide film. It is oxidised by ...
by Bloomsbury Publishing
e ferrocemento • Construção naval– PRFV, metal e ferri-cimento • Κατασκευή πλοιων – íνες υάλου/υαλοβάμβακας, μέτταλο και σιδηρομπετόν FR Concepteur Constructeur Fibre de verre Ferrociment Aluminium Acier Fibres de carbone 1 2 3 ...
Properties and Synonyms by I.K. Morton, Judith M. Hall
Aludrox" = aluminium hydroxide; magnesium carbonate; magnesium hydroxide. aluminium acetate [USAN] (aluminium ethanoate) is used topically ...
by Christopher Gorse, David Johnston, Martin Pritchard, Martin Pritchard (BEng (Hons), PhD.)
3, aluminium sulphate) A metal salt coagulant used in water purification treatment plants, which reacts with the alkalinity of the water to ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aluminium
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Aluminium
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Aluminium
Click on an item to play that video:
- Aluminium Meaning
Video shows what aluminium means. A light, silvery metal extracted from bauxite, and a chemical element (symbol Al) with an atomic number of 13.. aluminium ...
- VEANSAN V-LAST Aluminium last production: The definition put measurement
VEANSAN V-LAST Aluminium last production: The definition put measurement.
- Steel, Aluminium and Composite Toe Caps Explanation
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = aluminium
- Aluminium or Aluminum - The Difference - ESL British English Pronunciation
- Dictionary: Aluminium
Meaning of the word Aluminium.
See also the pronunciation examples of Aluminium!
Scrabble value of A1L1U1M3I1N1I1U1M3
The value of this 9-letter word is 13 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Aluminium to see it in context!