On this page:
- Alun Lewis is a Welsh actor, best known for his roles in ITV's Emmerdale as postmaster Vic Windsor, and Darryl Stubbs in BBC1 sitcom Birds of a Feather from 1989-1997.
- Alun Lewis was a Welsh poet.
- born on (100 years ago) in Cwmaman
- died on (71 years ago) of accident
- written works: "Letters to my wife", "Letters from India", "Alun Lewis & the making of the Caseg broadsheets", "Raiders' dawn", "Ha! Ha! among the trumpets", "In the green tree", "Inwards where all the battle is", "Collected poems", "The last inspection"
- Alun Lewis is a former Welsh rugby union player. He joined the 1977 British Lions tour to New Zealand as a replacement during the tour. He represented Cambridge University R.U.F.C. in the Varsity Match in 1975 and 1976 and played club rugby for London Welsh RFC. However, he never played international rugby for Wales.
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Alun Lewis
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Alun Lewis, who died in action, made a wartime ...
by M. Keith Booker
Instead, for British poet Alun Lewis and American Muriel Rukeyser, World War II inspired an urgency to provide witness to both battleground and home-front devastation ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alun Lewis
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alun Lewis for some fun with words!