On this page:
- Alun Owen was a British screenwriter, predominantly active in television, but best remembered by a wider audience for writing the screenplay of The Beatles' debut feature film A Hard Day's Night.
- also known as Alun Davies Owen, Alan Owens
- born on (90 years ago) in Menai Bridge
- nationality: United Kingdom
- profession: Sailor, screenwriter, actor, playwright
- died on (21 years ago) in London
- filmography: played Curate in "The Servant"
- films written:
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to British Academy Television Craft Award for Writer
- British Academy Television Craft Award for Writer
- nominated to Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay - "A Hard Day's Night"
- Alun Owen is a Welsh cyclist who represented Wales in the 1994 and 1998 Commonwealth Games in Victoria and Kuala Lumpur.
- born in Wales
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alun Owen
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by John Kenneth Muir
Written by: Alun Owen. Film Soundtrack: John Lennon, Paul McCartnev. Produced by: Walter Shenson. Directed by: Richard Lester. M.P.A.A. Rating: G. Running time: 90 minutes. The rock movie wellspring. This is a seminal rock film and one ...
Encyclopedia of Film Noir (2007)
by Geoff Mayer, Brian McDonnell
Script: Alun Owen and Jimmy Sangster; Cinematography: Robert ...
by Chris Baldick
Such works, by Arnold Wesker, Alun Owen, and others, were at the time a notable departure from the conventions of middleclass drawingroom drama. Wesker's play Roots (1959) actually does begin with one character doing the dishes in a ...
Ali Baba to Zombies by R. G. Young
Edward Judd P: Jack Greenwood D: Joseph Losey SCR: Alun Owen STORY: Jimmy Sangster PHOTOG: Robert Krasker USA retitle, The Concrete Jungle Standard crime-thriller: Gang helps jailed leader escape, seeks ...
by James Watson, Anne Hill
Donald McWinnie and Alfred Bradley, nurturing writers who later became famous: Harold Pinter, Stan Barstow, Giles Cooper, Allan Prior, Alun Owen, William Trevor, Henry Livings, Peter Terson, Alan Plater, David Rudkin and Tom Stoppard.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alun Owen
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alun Owen for some fun with words!