On this page:
- Alur also spelled as Aluooru is a town and the taluk headquarters of Alur Taluk in Hassan district in the state of Karnataka India .It is 12km from Hassan City.Alur is a poorly developed taluk in Hassan district.Which is quite famous for COCONUT TREES AND COFFEE PLANTATION. AND ALSO FOR THE QUALITY OF EDUCATION BY BASAVESHWARA GROUP OF INSTITUTE.
- Alur: Aloor is a panchayat town in Kanniyakumari district in the state of Tamil Nadu, India. In the state assembly, it belongs to Colochel constituency. It comes under Nagercoil Parliament in National assembly.The people here are highly educated and the ancient people are doing farm works. It is surrounded by hills and farm fields.
- Alur Assembly constituency is a constituency of Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly, India. It is one of 14 constituencies in Kurnool district.
- Alur is a panchayat village in the state of Maharashtra, India. Administratively, Alur is under Umarga Tahsil of Osmanabad District in Maharashtra. There is only the single village of Alur in the Alur gram panchayat. The village of Alur is 31 km by road southeast of the town of Naldurg and 52 km by road southwest of the town of Umarga, but only 13 km by road northeast of Wagdari, in Solapur District.
- also known as Alur, Maharashtra; Alur, Osmanabad
- part of India
Alur a.k.a. Alur Language: Alur is a dialect of Southern Luo spoken in northwestern Uganda and northeastern Democratic Republic of the Congo by the Alur people. Subdialects are Jokot, Jonam/Lo-Naam, Mambisa, and Wanyoro.
- read more about Alur Language
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alur
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Ancient Scandinavia (2015)
An Archaeological History from the First Humans to the Vikings by T. Douglas Price
Bronze Lurs Alur is a long horn without finger holes that sounds something like a trombone. It is essentially a long tube or pipe of several fitted pieces with a kettle- shaped mouthpiece at the small end and an ornamental plate at the wider end ...
Alur Society (2004)
A Study in Processes and Types of Domination by Aidan Southall
Its meaning varies among different Moru-Madi speaking tribes, but among the Alur is that of "category" whether of persons or objects. It is entirely relative, and can apply to any order of tribal, clan or lineage grouping, as well as in other contexts ...
Ethnic and National Groups around the World by James B. Minahan
Flag The Alur flag is a horizontal tricolor of pale blue, yellow, and pale green bearing a centered large white disk. The official kingdom flag is a horizontal tricolor of pale blue, yellow, and pale green, separated by narrow white stripes, with the ...
Volume 45 - Supplement 30 by Allen Kent, James G. Williams
Alur. C. Courcoubetis. N. Halbwachs. and D. DilL "Model Checking for Real-Time Systems." in Proceedings of 1EEE 1nternational Conference on Logics in Computer Science ( UCS). 1990.
Encyclopedia of Africa (2010)
by Anthony Appiah, Henry Louis Gates
The Alur primarily inhabit the northern shores of Lake Albert, both in western Uganda and northeastern Congo-Kinshasa. They speak a Nilo-Saharan language and belong to the Western Nilotic cultural and linguistic cluster. Though precise ...
by Valerie Porter, Lawrence Alderson, Stephen J.G. Hall, D. Phillip Sponenberg
Altiplano Criollo see Bolivian Criollo Alur (NE DR Congo) Alur (Nioka) cattle were adequately documented during the period of Belgian occupation of the Congo but information is lacking now. The breed is an intermediate of the Bahima and ...
A-Devo by Amaresh Datta
ALUR. VENKATA. RAO-ALVARES. JOAQUIM. SANTAN. ALWARU SWAMI VATTIKOTA. (eg) puli+o (gi) ra (mu)-pulihora (lemon rice)/ pulihara. (sour) (food) 3. Apart from these vowels and consonants (36 in all) in Telugu, we have nineteen ...
An Introduction to Austronesian Studies by Darrell T. Tryon
at DAA oradu UMA BUG iras *KON tudlig WOL MAG liagu *NGA suri-¢urit'a SIK kur07 RTI alur alur ...
by Emizet Francois Kisangani, Scott F. Bobb
ALUR. An ethnic group of Nilotic origin that shares the Aru territory with other groups in Ituri Province.
Subject Headings Used in the Dictionary Catalogs of the Library of Congress [from 1897 Through June 1964] (1966)
by Library of Congress. Subject Cataloging Division
* sa Ababuas Alur (African tribe) Babunda (Bantu tribe) Baholoholo Balese (African tribe) Bambute Bangalas Basakata (African people) Bashi (African people) Bushongo ...
by Carl Skutsch
The peoples in the Nilotic and Central Sudanic category include the Iteso, Langi, Acholi, Alur, Karamojong, Jie, Madi, and Lugbara in the north and a number of other smaller societies in the eastern part of the country. The Bantu form the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alur
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Alur
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video about Alur
Words of Life ALUR People/Language Movie Trailer
This is: Words of Life ALUR People/Language Movie Trailer c04210 [c04210t] Other names for this language are: Aloro, Alua, Alulu, Ddu Alur, Dho Alur, Jo Alur, ...
Scrabble value of A1L1U1R1
The value of this 4-letter word is 4 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALUR
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Alur!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Alur to find many related words and phrases!