On this page:
- Definition of the noun Aluterus
- Phrases with Aluterus
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aluterus
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aluterus
- Photos about Aluterus
- Video language resources about Aluterus
- Scrabble value of A1L1U1T1E1R1U1S1
- Anagrams of ALUTERUS
- Share this page
Definition of the noun Aluterus
What does Aluterus mean as a name of something?
Aluterus is a genus of Monacanthidae, described by Cloquet in 1816.
- synonyms: genus Aluterus / Aleuteres / genus Aleuteres / Aleuterius / genus Aleuterius / Aleuteus / genus Aleuteus / Aluetera / genus Aluetera / Alutarius / genus Alutarius / Alutera / genus Alutera / Aluteres / genus Aluteres / Ceratacanthus / genus Ceratacanthus / Davidia / genus Davidia / Osbeckia / genus Osbeckia
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Chordata
- class: Actinopterygii
- order: Tetraodontiformes
- family: Monacanthidae
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Aluterus is a genus of Monacanthidae.
Phrases with Aluterus
- Aluterus Renosus
- Aluterus Scripta
- Aluterus Venosus
- Aluterus punctata
- Aluterus schoepfi
- Aluterus scriptus
- Aluterus Shoepfii
- Aluterus Anginosus
- Aluterus Blankerti
- Aluterus heudeloti
- Aluterus Maculosus
- Aluterus monoceros
- Aluterus Punctatus
- Aluterus schoepfii
- Aluterus Velutinus
- Aluterus heudelotii
- Aluterus Holbroocki
- Aluterus Nasicornis
- Aluterus Cultrifrons
- genus Aluterus
View more phrases with the word Aluterus in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aluterus
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Australian Museum
AUiterius, or, as Richardson also used it, Aluteres and its forms Alutarius and Aluterus is a synonym of Alutera Cuvier, of which the typo is A. monoreros, Osbeck.
A Dictionary of Owa (2014)
A Language of the Solomon Islands by Greg Mellow
Aluterus monoceros, Aluterus scriptus woro1 female Redlip Parrotfish (grow to 70cm), female Bridled Parrotfish (grow to 40cm). Scarus rubroviolaceus, S. frenatus woroworo2 Crescent Grunter. Therapon jarbua 188.8.131.52 shark, ray aiga qaruqaru ...
The London encyclopaedia (1829)
or Universal dictionary of science, art, literature, and practical mechanics, comprising a popular view of the present state of knowledge
Aluterus of Cuvier. Balistes monoceros of Linnd. — Body elongated, covered with small compact grains.
Eleventh Edition by Merriam-Webster
genera Aluterus, Cantherhines, and Monacanthus) with rough granular leathery skin fi-let \fi-Ma\ n [F, lit., net] (1838) : a lace with a square mesh and geometric designs \a\ abut \3\ kitten, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aluterus
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Aluterus
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video language resources about Aluterus
Click on an item to play that video:
- Scrawled Filefish Aluterus Scriptus - Cayman Reef Live Cam Highlight
- Scrawled Leatherjacket, Aluterus scriptus
- Aluterus Scriptus, Scrawled Filefish, Single Fish Closeup, Floating
- Aluterus Scriptus, Scrawled Filefish, Closeup, And Monodactylus Argenteus, Fishes
- Aluterus Scriptus, Scrawled Filefish, Closeup
Scrabble value of A1L1U1T1E1R1U1S1
The value of this 8-letter word is 8 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALUTERUS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Aluterus!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Aluterus to find many related words and phrases!