On this page:
- Alvarado is the oldest city in Johnson County, Texas. The population was 4,289 in 2009.
- Alvarado is a city in the Mexican state of Veracruz. The city also serves as the municipal seat for the surrounding municipality of the same name. It is located 64 km from the city of Veracruz, Veracruz, on Federal Highways 180 and 125. Alvarado is bordered by Boca del Río, Tlalixcoyan, Medellín, Ignacio de la Llave, Ciudad Lerdo de Tejada, Tlacotalpan and Acula. It is 10 m above sea level. It lies in the so-called "Region Papaloapan" bordered on the south by the municipalities of Acula, Tlacotalpan and Lerdo de Tejada, on the east by the Gulf of Mexico and on the west by Ignacio de la Llave.
- Alvarado is a city situated along the Snake River in Marshall County in the State of Minnesota. The population was 363 at the 2010 census.
- Alvarado is a city and municipality in the Tolima department of Colombia. The population of the municipality was 7,589 as of the 1993 census.
- Alvarado is the name of the sixth canton in the province of Cartago in Costa Rica. The canton covers an area of 81.06 km², and has a population of 13,078. The capital city of the canton is Pacayas.
- Alvarado is a station on Line 1 of the Madrid Metro.
- part of Madrid
- Alvarado is one of the 212 municipalities of the Mexican state of Veracruz which municipal seat is established in the city of Alvarado.
- Alvarado a.k.a. Alvarado, Virginia: Alvarado is an unincorporated community in Washington County, in the U.S. state of Virginia. It is located on the North fork of South Holston lake, southwest of Osceola. It is part of the Virginia Creeper National Recreation Trail.
- read more about Alvarado, Virginia
- Alvarado is a fictional character from the 1952 film The Fighter.
- Alvarado is a fictional character from the 1985 film Seduced.
There are other characters with in their name, like Jose Alvarado.
"Alvarado" is a composition.
- music by Brad Mehldau
Alvarado is a website.
- official website: stateofnevada.info/people/Alvarado
Phrases with Alvarado
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alvarado
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Gale, Cengage Learning
Captain Alvarado is a world traveler, known to many of the characters in the novel. Uncle Pio brings him into...
Best Tent Camping: Colorado (2012)
Your Car-Camping Guide to Scenic Beauty, the Sounds of Nature, and an Escape from Civilization by Kim Lipker, Johnny Molloy
alvarado Westcliffe Campground Alvarado is an active person's campground. SOUTH CENTRAL COLORADO.
by Philip L. Martin
Alvarado is a sociologist at California State University's Center for Agricultural Business, Fresno, California. Walter Armbruster is managing director of the Farm Foundation in Oak Brook, Illinois. Luis Caraballo is director of the Office ...
The Navigation of the Caribbean Sea and Gulf of Mexico: The coast of the mainland, from Cape Orange ... to the Rio Grande del Norte ... with the adjacent islands, cays and banks. Comp. by Lieut. W. W. Gillpatrick (1885)
by United States. Hydrographic Office
Alvarado is an extensive lagoon which runs along close at the back of the shore, lor a distance of about 35 miles, having a bar at the ...
The Navigation of the Caribbean Sea and Gulf of Mexico: The coast of the mainland, from the Rio Grande del Norte, Mexico, to Cape Orange, Brazil, with the adjacent islands, cays, and banks. Rev. By R. C. Ray ... under the direction of Capt. Henry F. Picking (1890)
by United States. Hydrographic Office
Alvarado is an extensive lagoon which runs along close at the back of the shore, for a distance of about 35 miles, having a bar at the entrance, with generally from 9 to 10 feet water on it. The town is situated on the western shore, 1£ miles ...
by Theodore S. Creedman
/ ALVARADO ALCOA received concessions to exploit lignite deposits in the * Perez Zeledon area. After public demonstrations, the contract was not ratified. ALVARADO. A *canton located on the slopes of the volcanoes *Irazu and * Turrialba ...
by Cordelia Candelaria
Julie Amparano Garcia Alvarado, Linda G. (1952- ). Linda G. Alvarado, an influential Chicana and a powerful businesswoman, became the first Hispanic in 1991 to own a major baseball franchise, the Colorado Rockies, as part of the Colorado ...
by Frederic Gomes Cassidy, Robert Brock Le Page
Abraham, Hausa Abraham, Tiv ADD Adams Alexandre Alvarado Bargery Barrere Baumann Band V Burrow-Emeneau Carambula Christaller Ciarke DA DAE Craven Doke EDD, EDG Flacourt Focke Forbes Abraham, Major R. C. Dictionary of ...
by Gordon Morris Bakken, Alexandra Kindell
One example of a successful western intermarriage that crossed both ethnic and religious lines was between Captain Cornelius Boy Jensen and Mercedes Alvarado. Jensen was born on the island of Sylt, North Fryslân, Germany, in 1814 .
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alvarado
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Alvarado
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Pao Cardona
36 39.019 -81 53.193
One of the depots along the Virginia Creeper Train route, near the junction of the South Fork and Middle Fork of the Holston River was called Barron's Depot. When the spur line was opened to bring logs from the lumbering operation on Whitetop Mountain, the community of Barron included housing for the work crews, the Barron Springs Chapel Church and postal service. When the Virginia-Carolina Railroad Company sold the line to the Norfolk and Western Railroad, a conflict arose because the N&W had another depot on its train lines with a name similar to Barron and they did not want to confuse the two for mail service. About this time (1920s), a couple of young men traveled out west to visit relatives near Dallas, Texas in the town of Alvarado. When the men returned, they suggested the name and it stuck. It is pronounced "Al - va - Ray - doe"
Photo credit: dmott9
- Catalina Alvarado
Tandem Catalina Alvarado
Photo credit: SkydiveAndes
View more pictures about Pedro Alvarado.
Videos about Alvarado
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Alvarado!
Scrabble value of A1L1V4A1R1A1D2O1
The value of this 8-letter word is 12 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALVARADO
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Alvarado!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alvarado to see it in context!