On this page:
Who is Alvin Rakoff?
Alvin Rakoff is a Canadian film and television director who has spent the bulk of his career in England and directed more than 100 television plays, as well as a dozen feature films and numerous stage productions. Among other awards, he is twice winner of the International Emmy Award, for A Voyage Round My Father, starring Laurence Olivier, and Call Me Daddy, starring Donald Pleasence.
- born on (88 years ago) in Toronto
- nationality: Canada
- education: University of Toronto
- profession: Film director, film producer, television producer, television director, screenwriter, journalist
- parent of
- films produced:
- films directed:
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to British Academy Television Award for Best Single Play - "Shades of Greene" (For episode "Cheap in August".)
- nominated to British Academy Television Award for Best Single Drama - "A Voyage Round My Father"
- nominated to British Academy Television Award for Best Drama Series - "Paradise Postponed", with Jacqueline Davis
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alvin Rakoff
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Jerry Roberts
Mike Nichols, Stephen Poliakojf, Alvin Rakoff, Nicholas Renton, Nicolas Roeg, Michael A. Simpson, John Strickland, Charles Sturridge, Claude Whatham James Garner: Hy Averback, John Badham, David Chase, John Erman, Richard T.
Fourth edition by Brian McFarlane
direction (Alvin RAKOFF, Sidney J. FURIE, Ted KOTCHEFF, Silvio NARIZZANO), animation (Richard WILLIAMS), dance (Paddy STONE), and music (Robert FARNON, composer of the score for Bear Island [1979, UK/Can], which starred ...
by John E. Findling, Kimberly D. Pelle
Director: Alvin Rakoff. 1984 A Turning Point: The Official Film of the XIV Winter Games (Switzerland). Producer: International Olympic Committee. 1986 16 Days of Glory (United States ).
by Thomas S. Hischak
Alvin Rakoff (UK) Damiano ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alvin Rakoff
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alvin Rakoff for some fun with words!