On this page:
Who is Alvino Rey?
Alvino Rey: Alvin McBurney, known by his stage name Alvino Rey, was an American swing era musician and pioneer, often credited as the father of the pedal steel guitar. For the most part, he was associated with orchestral, big band and swing music, and towards the end of his career, jazz and exotica.
- also known as Alvin McBurney, Alvin Henry McBurney, Alvino Rey and His Orchestra, Alvino Ray
- born on (107 years ago) in Oakland
- nationality: United States of America
- religion: Mormonism
- profession: Bandleader, actor, music director
- Marriage with Luise King between and (60 years and 3 months)
- parent of
- died on (11 years ago) in Salt Lake City of pneumonia
- genres: Jazz, Exotica, Swing music
- albums: "By Request", "Swingin' Fling"
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Alvino Rey
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Vincent Terrace
Ray King, Bob Clark, Lex Clark, Linda Clark, Julie Clark, Carrie Clark, Cameron Clark, Alvino Rey, Lisa Rey, Robi Rey, James Conklin, Candice Wilson , Robert Wilson, Kristen Wilson, Alexander Wilson, La Varn Thomas, Donna Thomas, ...
by John Shepherd, David Horn, Dave Laing, Paul Oliver, Peter Wicke
NonHawaiians Alvino Rey and Roy Smeck introduced the style into mainstream North American popular music. Jimmie Rodgers made the first hillbilly recording featuring Hawaiian guitar, 'Dear Old Sunny South by the Sea' (1928),.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alvino Rey
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Anagrams of ALVINO REY
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Alvino Rey!
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alvino Rey for some fun with words!