Always appears in the following tongue twisters:
- Mary Mac's mother's making Mary Mac marry me.
My mother's making me marry Mary Mac.
Will I always be so Merry when Mary's taking care of me?
Will I always be so merry when I marry Mary Mac?
(from a song by Carbon Leaf)
- Out in the pasture the nature watcher watches the catcher. While the catcher watches the pitcher who pitches the balls. Whether the temperature's up or whether the temperature's down, the nature watcher, the catcher and the pitcher are always around. The pitcher pitches, the catcher catches and the watcher watches. So whether the temperature's rises or whether the temperature falls the nature watcher just watches the catcher who's watching the pitcher who's watching the balls.
(by Sharon Johnson)
On this page:
- Definition of the adverb always
- Phrases with Always
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Always
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Always
- Photos about Always
- Video language resources about Always
- Sign language
- Quotes about Always
- Scrabble value of A1L1W4A1Y4S1
- Share this page
The word always is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adverb always
What does always mean as an attribute of something other than a noun?
- at all times; all the time and on every occasion
- without variation or change, in every case
- without interruption
- at any time or in any event
- examples: you can always resign if you don't like it | you could always take a day off
- forever; throughout all time
- examples: we will always be friends | I shall treasure it always | I will always love you
Alternative definition of the adverb always
- At all times; ever; perpetually; throughout all time; continually
- Constantly during a certain period, or regularly at stated intervals; invariably; uniformly;—opposed to sometimes or occasionally.
- [informal] In any event
- "Always" is a 1989 romantic drama film directed by Steven Spielberg, and starring Richard Dreyfuss, Holly Hunter, John Goodman, introducing Brad Johnson and featuring Audrey Hepburn's cameo in her final film appearance. The film was distributed by Universal Studios and United Artists.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Steven Spielberg, Frank Marshall, Kathleen Kennedy
- art direction by Christopher Burian-Mohr
- cinematography by Mikael Salomon
- edited by Michael Kahn
- music by John Williams
- costume design by Ellen Mirojnick
- genres: Airplanes and airports, Fantasy, Romance Film, Drama
- subject: Aviation
- rating: PG (USA)
- released on (25 years ago)
- "Always" is a South Korean film directed by Song Il-gon. Starring So Ji-sub and Han Hyo-joo in the lead roles, it is about a romance between an ex-boxer who has closed his heart to the world and a telemarketer who remains spirited despite slowly going blind.
- also known as O-jik geu-dae-man, Ohjik Geudaeman, Ochik kŭtaeman, Only You
- country: South Korea
- language: Korean Language
- producers: Moon Bomi, Kim Jung-hee, Lee Seong-Hun
- executive producer: Jeong-hun You
- production design by Kim Hyun Ok
- written by Song Il-gon & Hong-jin No
- So Ji-sub as Cheol-min
- Han Hyo-joo as Ha Jeong Hwa
- Shin-il Kang as Choi
- Park Chul-min as Bang
- Seung-bae Wi as Martial Arts Champion
- Kwang-rok Oh as Park Chang-soo
- Cho Seong-ha as Section Chief Choi
- Jin Goo as Craft Shop Manager
- Yun Jong-hwa as Min Tae-sik
- Jeong-hak Kim as Team Leader Ma
- Mi-kyung Kim as Sister Joanna
- Jeong Jae-Jin as Shift Old Man
- Min Kyung-Jin as Janitor
- Yum Hye-ran as Beauty Parlor Owner
- Ahn Se-ho as Broker
- cinematography by Hong Gyeong-Pyo
- edited by Nam Na-yeong
- music by Bang Jun-Seok
- costume design by Kyung-mi Kim
- genres: Drama, East Asian cinema, World cinema
- released on
- "Always" is a 1985 romance film written and directed by Henry Jaglom.
- "Always" a.k.a. "Time to Spare" is a 2011 drama film written and directed by Job Gosschalk.
- read more about Time to Spare
Phrases with Always
- You Can't Always Get What You Want
- A Bad Workman Always Blames His Tools
- The Grass Is Always Greener on the Other Side
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Always
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by William Nicholson
The one next the root was always found the heaviest, stiffest, ...
Acomplete Dictionary of the English Language, Both with Regard to Sound and Meaning; , to which is Prefixed a Prosodial Grammar. The 2. Ed. Corr. and Enlarged (1789)
Ee always è ; as, blċed, f'ċel, fiċet, &c.; except been, founded bin. Ei always ẻ ; as, feign, hềir, &c.; except height and fleight, founded hite and flite, gh filent. Ew ủ; lewd, stew'd, &c. Always ủ, except fhew'd and shewn, pronounced fhồd and ...
Adapted to Signals by Flags Or Other Semaphores; and Arranged for Secret Correspondence, Through Morse's Electro-magnetic Telegraph: for the Use of Commanders of Vessels, Merchants, &c
X Q 637 ALWAYS. X R 638...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Always
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Always
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: fabbio
Photo credit: impermeableazul
Photo credit: wickenden
Photo credit: Reese Miles
Photo credit: carianoff
Photo credit: Josie "Josie" Elderslie (never too busy for <3)
Photo credit: Marco Raaphorst
Photo credit: Pho Vinternatt
Photo credit: maarialvarez
- Always with you ! (Explored)
Photo credit: CJS*64 "Man with a camera"
- Be Happy Always
A simple message. Be happy always.
Photo credit: Skinned Mink
Photo credit: gabbjork
- She Always Had Her Head in the Clouds
Photo credit: Andrea Koerner
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Always
Click on an item to play that video:
- Vocabulary - sometimes, sometime, some time, always, all ways
- Always Meaning
Video shows what always means. At all times; ever; perpetually; throughout all time; continually.. Constantly during a certain period, or regularly at stated ...
- New study provides explanation why some people are always tardy
Sat, Jan 17: Do you have friends who are chronically late? And they make excuses? Well, there may be a reason for their tardiness and it has something to do ...
- Always a Multiple - Charlie's Explanation
- "Always Strong" Fundraiser Explanation
- English teachers always trying to show off their vocabulary
- There's Always an Explanation
Meghan, Tim, William, Patricia, Sam, Natascha, Jay and Matthew from 5B practicing their speaking by performing a short play.
- Idiom: THE FIRST STEP IS ALWAYS THE HARDEST
The idiom THE FIRST STEP IS ALWAYS THE HARDEST defined by Katie from the United Kingdom. Facebook Page...
- Always a Multiple - Alison's Explanation
- OWESE!!!! Meaning THE LORD ALWAYS DOES GOOD.
Dawson Benedict Edosa: Is a gospel artists leave in united kingdom, from nigeria. Is a music writer and as well a singer.
- Take "Always" and "Never" Out of Your Vocabulary - Justin M. G. Mendez
- Brayson Wertz- Meaning Doesn't Matter Always
- Definition of craziness and Always believe in yourself!
- Waterdeep - You Will Always Hurt (With Lyrics and Song Meaning)
- There's Always An Explanation
- There Must Be a Simple Explanation - Not Always, But Usually
View more details at...
- Preview Sun - Meaning of It All - Always There For You
- You Can Always Stop To Think About The Meaning, Because You Shouldn't Go With the Flow
- Always. Forever. (Track By Track Explanation and 30 second clip)
- Why Free is Good but Not Always Best for English Language Learning Materials
Find out when to use free and paid learning materials. Watch this video next...
- [ESL Tutorials] - 5 Secrets To Always Making A Good First Impression
- ESL Teaching Tips Always smile
ESL teaching tips. Always remember to smile.
See also the pronunciation examples of Always!
Click on an item to play that video:
Quotes about Always
Scrabble value of A1L1W4A1Y4S1
The value of this 6-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Always to see it in context!