On this page:
Am is sometimes a misspelling of an.
The word am is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun am
What does am mean as a name of something?
noun - plural:
- Am: -
- AM: -
- a radioactive transuranic metallic element; discovered by bombarding uranium with helium atoms
- a master's degree in arts and sciences
- modulation of the amplitude of the (radio) carrier wave
Other definitions of am
What does am also mean?
- Amazonas, a state of Brazil.
- Shortened form of America or American, particularly as used in commercial names.
- Shortened form of amateur, particularly as used in commercial names.
Am a.k.a. Armenia, officially the Republic of Armenia, is a mountainous country in the South Caucasus region of Eurasia. Located in the north of Western Asia, it is bordered by Turkey to the west, Georgia to the north, the de facto independent Nagorno-Karabakh Republic and Azerbaijan to the east, and Iran and the Azerbaijani exclave of Nakhchivan to the south.
- also known as Republic of Armenia, Hayastan
- founded on (96 years ago)
- part of Eurasia, Transcaucasia
- instance of: Asian country / Asian nation = any one of the nations occupying the Asian continent
- Armenian Apostolic Orthodox Church / Armenian Church = an independent Christian church established in Armenia since 300
- capital of Armenia / Jerevan / Yerevan / Erivan = capital of Armenia
- Araxes / Aras = a river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea
- member of: CIS / Commonwealth of Independent States = an alliance made up of states that had been Soviet Socialist Republics in the Soviet Union prior to its dissolution in Dec 1991
- member: Armenian = a native or inhabitant of Armenia
- read more about Armenia (country)
- AM a.k.a. Austin Mahone is an American pop singer-songwriter.
- read more about Austin Mahone
- Am a.k.a. Nontra Kumwong is a screenwriter.
- read more about Nontra Kumwong
- AM a.k.a. Ann Marie Alanes is an actress.
- read more about Ann Marie Alanes (actress)
AM is a musical group.
- also known as A.M. .
- album: "Francophiles & Skinny Ties"
- Am a.k.a. Aeroméxico: Aerovías de México, S.A. de C.V, operating as AeroMéxico, is the flag carrier airline of Mexico based in Mexico City. It operates scheduled services to more than 56 destinations in Mexico; North, South, and Central America; the Caribbean, Europe, and Asia. Its main base is Mexico City International Airport, with a main hub at Monterrey and secondary hubs at Guadalajara and Hermosillo.
- also known as Aeromexico
- official website: www.aeromexico.com
- Am a.k.a. Aeroméxico Travel: Servicio Mexicano de Vuelos de Fletamento S. A. de C. V., operating as Aeroméxico Travel, was a charter flight subsidiary of Aeroméxico, and started operations on June 2, 2008, with the inaugural flight AM6771 from Mexico City to Cancún. The airline was in charge of charter flights from Mexican resort destinations to several cities in the United States and Canada. In August 2011, its parent company, Aeroméxico, decided to retire the "Travel" brand and focus on scheduled operations instead.
- official website: www.aeromexico.com
- Am is a fictional character from Disney's 1955 animated feature The Lady and the Tramp.
- Am is a fictional character from the 2007 film Sick Nurses.
- AM is a fictional character in I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream.
- "AM" is the fifth studio album by the English indie rock band Arctic Monkeys. It was produced by James Ford and co-produced by Ross Orton at Sage & Sound Recording in Los Angeles and Rancho De La Luna in Joshua Tree, California, and released in September 2013 through Domino. The album was promoted by the singles "R U Mine?", "Do I Wanna Know?", "Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?", "One for the Road", "Arabella", and "Snap Out of It". It features guest appearances by Josh Homme, Bill Ryder-Jones, and Pete Thomas.
- genres: Psychedelic rock, Post-punk revival, Contemporary R&B, Hard rock, Garage rock
- released on
- Brit Award for MasterCard British Album of the Year nomination for Arctic Monkeys
- NME Award for Best Album nomination for Arctic Monkeys
- World Music Award for World’s Best Album nomination for Arctic Monkeys
- Brit Award for MasterCard British Album of the Year, received by Arctic Monkeys
- NME Award for Best Album, received by Arctic Monkeys
- "AM" is a musical album of Javiera & Los Imposibles.
- released in (14 years ago)
- "AM" is a musical album of Karl Blau.
- released in (7 years ago)
- "AM" is a musical single of The Marshalls.
- released in (35 years ago)
- AM, the Australian Broadcasting Corporation's flagship current-affairs radio program, is one of Australia's longest-running productions. Its tagline is Ensure you are informed.
- am: .am is the Internet country code top-level domain for Armenia and Nagorno-Karabakh Republic.
- also known as .am
- Am a.k.a. adrenomedullin is a gene.
- also known as preproadrenomedullin
- Am is a file format.
Scrabble value of A1M3
The value of this 2-letter word is 4 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of Am to learn how to say it correctly!