Ama is a palindrome (it reads the same backward as forward).View more palindromes!
On this page:
- Definition of the noun Ama
- Phrases with Ama
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ama
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ama
- Photos about Ama
- Videos about Ama
- Sign language
- Quotes about Ama
- Scrabble value of A1M3A1
- Anagrams of AMA
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Ama
What does Ama mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: amas
- [nautical] The float on the outrigger of a proa or trimaran.
- Fabric made from the hair of a camel or goat.
AMA a.k.a. The American Medical Association, founded in 1847 and incorporated in 1897, is the largest association of physicians—both MDs and DOs—and medical students in the United States.
- read more about American Medical Association
Who is Ama?
AMA a.k.a. Ann Marie Alanes is an actress.
- read more about Ann Marie Alanes (actress)
- Ama is a musical group.
- AMA is a musical group.
- album: "Tawantinsuyo"
- Ama a.k.a. The Housekeeper is a fictional character from the 1923 film Don Quixote.
- read more about The Housekeeper
- Ama is a fictional character from the 2002 film Don Quixote, Knight Errant.
- Ama is a fictional character from the 2004 film Volta.
- Ama is a fictional character from the 1989 drama film Montoyas y Tarantos.
- Ama is a fictional character from the 1996 Spanish drama film Beyond the Garden.
- Ama is a fictional character from the 2008 film Snakes and Earrings.
- Ama is a fictional film character.
"Ama" a.k.a. "Ama: A Story of the Atlantic Slave Trade" is the debut historical novel by Manu Herbstein.
- read more about Ama: A Story of the Atlantic Slave Trade
"Ama": Written and directed by Kwesi Owusu Kwate Nee Owu, AMA was shot in the UK and tells the story of a Ghanaian girl who becomes the medium for an ancestral prophecy.
- directors: Kwesi Owusu & Kwate Nee Owu
- genres: Sci-Fi, Family Drama, Religious Film, Magic realism, Drama
- released on (24 years ago)
- "Ama" is a musical album of Yungchen Lhamo.
- released on (9 years ago)
- "Ama" is a musical album of Ama.
- released in (13 years ago)
- Ama is a census-designated place in St. Charles Parish, Louisiana, United States. Ama is on the West Bank of the Mississippi River, just west of the Jefferson Parish, Louisiana line. The population was 1,285 at the 2000 census.
- Ama is a town located on Nakanoshima, in Oki District, Shimane Prefecture, Japan.
- Ama a.k.a. Rick Husband Amarillo International Airport is a public airport six miles east of downtown Amarillo, in Potter and Randall Counties, Texas, United States. The airport was renamed in 2003 after NASA astronaut and Amarillo native Rick Husband, who died in the Space Shuttle Columbia disaster in February of that year.
There are other places with in their name, like AMA Computer University.
- Ama, uminchu or kaito are Japanese divers, famous for collecting pearls. The majority of ama are women.
- also known as Ama divers
- Ama: In ayurveda, ama is the concept of anything that exists in a state of incomplete transformation. In particular, it is claimed to be a toxic byproduct generated due to improper or incomplete digestion. The concept does not have a direct equivalent in standard medicine.
- Ama: The term ama is a word in the Polynesian and Micronesian languages to describe the outrigger part of a canoe to provide stability. Today, among the various Polynesian countries, the word ama is often used together with the word vaka or waka or va'a, cognate words in various Polynesian languages to describe a canoe.
- Ama is a title originating c. 1400 AD, and bestowed upon the paramount chief and commander in war of the district of Safata, situated south of the island of Upolu, within the country of Samoa. It is a hereditary title. The title originated from Lotofaga, a village within the Safata district. Lotofaga is a village that sits in the middle of the Safata Bay. The village has been described as the following: 'Here the surf is sometimes so wild that one cannot sleep because of the roar; therefore it is called Galutatu'. It is also known as Le-Faga-o-Alii, translated in Samoan as 'The Bay of Chiefs'. This is in reference to the Ama that resides there. Lotofaga is traditionally known to be a village of refuge for those in need as well as a place to observe and learn of Samoan chief customs and etiquette.
- Ama a.k.a. Amanayé Language: Amanayé is a possibly extinct Tupi language last spoken in the town of São Domingos on the Capim River in Pará State, Brazil. Ararandewara, at the headwaters of the Moju River, was closely related but may have been a distinct language.
- also known as Amanage, Manajo, Manazo, Manaze, Manaxo, Amanajé, Amanyé
- AMA a.k.a. AMA Research is an author.
- read more about AMA Research
Phrases with Ama
- Inu Ama
- Acraea Ama
- Mesosemia Ama
- Syntormon Ama
- Luciogobius ama
- Species Inu Ama
- Tryphosella Ama
- Acraea Boopis Ama
- Species Acraea Ama
- Species Syntormon Ama
- species Luciogobius ama
- Species Tryphosella Ama
- Subspecies Acraea Boopis Ama
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ama
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Game-Theoretic Approach to Contemporary Political Economy by William Ferguson
American Medical Association (AMA) is a third party, whereas for the medical profession as a whole, the AMA is a second-party enforcer. We now focus on self- organization among groups—such as trade associations, farmers' cooperatives, ...
Accounting and Administrative Guidelines that Promote Church Growth by Arnold Cirtin
A church has people from all walks of life and every economic level, while the AMA is an association of individuals who are similarly situated, physicians. Members of horizontal organizations, such as the American Institute of Certified Public ...
by Ana Smith Iltis
The AMA is a morally just and fair organization in part because it established and enforces a just and fair code of ethics for its members. (2) The AMA code of ethics includes 2.16, which forbids its ...
by George Thomas Kurian
AMA offers 140+ seminars in more than 40 cities nationwide. Tackle challenges directly related to your job in these dynamic classroom courses led by our expert faculty—with superior content, hands-on training and peer interaction. Can't get ...
by Robert W. Kolb
AMA has an interesting descent in a line from various progenitors. In 1922, the National Personnel Association was formed by the merger of the National Association of Corporation Training and the Industrial Relations Association of America.
by Washington Matthews
ama ; an ordinary low hill, a prairie knoll. a ma di a di da" zi, n. f fr. amadia ; a ringworm. a ma 6", n. a hoe. a ma g a ku tsu" ka, n. (tsuka, flat); a spade. a ma hS taki, n. fr. ama and hatski ; a long ridge, a " divide.
by Molefi Kete Asante, Ama Mazama
Molefi Kete Asante, Ama Mazama...
by Geraldine Rhoades Beckford
Children: Leonelle Goodwin and Bridgeford; Death: June 8, 1937 References: AMA ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ama
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Ama
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Ama
Click on an item to play that video:
- 2. AMA Definition of Marketing - Video Lecture by Prof. Vijay Prakash Anand
American Marketing Association (AMA) defines Marketing as: 'Marketing is the activity, set of institutions, and processes for creating, communicating, delivering, ...
- UK AMA 2010: Meaning of Music
Guests and Performers of the UK Asian Music Awards 2010 sharing their meaning of music.
- AMA Box Explanation
- AMA explanation for Tom
- Meaning of AMA (Medical Abbreviation)
Learn the meaning of AMA (Medical Abbreviation)
- Explanation of AMA
- Sonrie Cristo te Ama ( thanksgiving meaning)
Grupo de jovenes adultos, Iglesia Carismatica Emanuel. Recordando el verdadero significado del dia de accion de gracias ( yessi, Stephany,jesica,Eridania ...
- Quruxda af-soomaaliga(the beauty of Somali Language) Bar ama Baro cashirkii 9aa
Waa tixanihii barashada af-soomaaliga ee aan ugu talo galay ubadkeena ku dhashay ama ku barbaaray qurbaha.
- AMA Virtual Language School
Learn another language from the comfort of your own home computer; classes in Spanish and Maya languages (Kiche and Mam) offered. Profits go to AMA, ...
- The beauty of Somali language(Bar ama Baro ) Cashirka 6aad
Waa cashirkii lixaad ee tixanihii aan ugu magac daray Bar ama Baro uguna talo galay ubadkeena iney ka bartaan afkood hooyo.
- The beauty of Somali Language(Bar ama Baro Cashirkii 7aad)
Waa cashiro joogto ah oo loogu tala galay Ubadkeenna yar yar, ee ku dhashay ama ku soo barbaaray Qurbaha iney ka bartaan afkood hooyo.Waxaana alaaba ...
- Risk and Reward AMA Announcement+BEST UHC LANGUAGE PACK
ASK A QUESTION PLEASE QUESTION MUST BE RELATED TO RISK AND REWARD. (Language Pack) For this to work you need to put it in your lang file which ...
- More summit footage with 360 description from the top of Ama
Movie footage from the summit of Ama Dablam in the heart of The Khumbu from expedition leader Tim Mosedale.
- The beauty of Somali Language(Bar ama BarO cashirka 4aad)
Waa cashirkii 4aad ee ku saabsanaa barashada afka Soomaaliga ee loo diyaariyey ubadkeenna yar-yarka ah.
- 300 subs event description! Stream AMA
EDIT: The stream has been postponed.
- The Beauty of Somali Language(Bar ama Baro Cashirkii 8AAD)
Waa tixane barashada afka hooyo ee aan ugu talo galay ubadka soomaliyeed ee ku barbaaray waddanka dibadiisa si ay u xoojiyaan aqoonta afkood hooyo ...
- Quruxda Af Soomaaliga(the beauty of Somali language)Bar ama Baro
Waa cashirkii 13aad ee la xiriira cashiradii soo tixanaha ahaa ee ku saabsanaa barashada af Soomaaliga kuwaa soo aan ugu tala galay ubadkeena ...
- The beauty Somali Language(Bar ama Baro)
Waa tixane gaar ah ee aan ugu tala galay ubadkeena qurbaha ku dhashay ama ku barbaaray si ay uga bartaan Af-Soomaaliga.
- Everest, Cho Oyu and Ama Dablam English language
- AMA at the 23rd Annual PAHCOM Conference Description
- Vigilia Esl.83v - Nadie te ama como yo
- The beauty of Somali language(Bar ama Baro cashirka 5aad)
Waa cashirkii 5aad ee taxanaheynii aan ugu magac darnay Bar ama Baro ee ku saabsanaa barashada af Soomaaliga oo si gaar ah aan ugu talo galnay ...
- The Beauty of Somali language(Bar ama Baro)
Bar ama Baro waa buug bilaash ah ee ku barbaari ubadkaada barashada afka hooyo.
- Language arts presentation ju,isa,ama,gi
- Words of Life Ama People/Language Movie Trailer
This is: Words of Life Ama People/Language Movie Trailer c17911 [c17911t] Other names for this language are: Sawiyanu This language is spoken in: Papua ...
- ESL LePa Lemon Party Travian Clan - Team - ESL Ama
View more videos about Shola Ama.
See also the pronunciation examples of Ama!
Ama Namin Sign Language
Quotes about Ama
Scrabble value of A1M3A1
The value of this 3-letter word is 5 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AMA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Ama!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ama to see it in context!