On this page:
Definition of the noun amabilis fir
What does amabilis fir mean as a name of something?
- medium to tall fir of western North America having a conic crown and branches in tiers; leaves smell of orange when crushed
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific names: Abies amabilis / species Abies amabilis / Abies grandis / species Abies grandis / Abies grandis densifolia / variety Abies grandis densifolia / Picea amabilis / species Picea amabilis / Pinus amabilis / species Pinus amabilis
- synonyms of amabilis fir: Christmas tree / Pacific silver fir / red silver fir / white fir
- more generic term: silver fir = any of various true firs having leaves white or silvery white beneath
- geographic area: North America
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Amabilis Fir
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Volume 1: North America by M.M. Grandtner
Picea amabilis Douglas ex Loudon Pinus amabilis Douglas e Cascades fir; alpine fir; amabilis fir (Canada); balsam firp.p., beautiful fir, larch (ob); lovely fir ( Canada); Pacific silver fir (Canada, USA); red firp.p.; red silver fir (UK); silver fir, white ...
The Encyclopedia of Wood (2007)
by U S Dept of Agriculture
Baldcypress, eastern redcedar Northern white cedar, western red cedar, yellow cedar, alpine fir, amabilis fir, balsam fir, Douglas-fir, grand fir, eastern hemlock, ...
A Dictionary of Entomology (2011)
Hostplants include western hemlock, Engelmann spruce, white spruce, subalpine fir, amabilis fir, Douglas-fir, and to a lesser extent grand fir, Sitka spruce, black spruce and mountain hemlock. WBB overwinters in egg stage with eclosion ...
Also called amabilis fir, red fir, red silver fir, and white fir.—Lowland fir. Same as grand *fir.—Magnificent fir. Same as Shasta afir.–Mexican fir. Same as sacred #fir –Noble fir, Abies nobilis, a very large tree, sometimes attaining a height of 250 ...
by William Dwight Whitney
Also called amabilis fir, red fir, red silver fir, and white fir. — Lowland flr. Sameas grand irfir Magnificent flr. Same sb Shasta irfir. — Mexican flr. Same as sacred irfir . — Noble flr, Abies nobili-s, a very large tree, sometimes attaining a height of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Amabilis Fir
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Amabilis Fir
If you need images about Amabilis Fir for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Amabilis Fir to find many related words and phrases!