The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun amalgamation:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun amalgamation
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Amalgamation
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Amalgamation
- Photos about Amalgamation
- Video language resources about Amalgamation
- Quotes about Amalgamation
- Scrabble value of A1M3A1L1G2A1M3A1T1I1O1N1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun amalgamation
What does amalgamation mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: amalgamations
- the combination of two or more commercial companies
Alternative definition of the noun amalgamation
- The process of amalgamating; a mixture, merger or consolidation.
- The result of amalgamating; a mixture or alloy.
- Specifically, the production of an alloy of mercury and another metal.
- "Amalgamation" is a musical album of Masahiko Sato & Sound Brakers.
- released in (44 years ago)
- "Amalgamation" is a self-released album by Rock band Trapt. They released it in 1997 and sold it exclusively at their live shows. A reworked version of the track "Who I Am" would be featured on The Punisher: The Album.
- "Amalgamation" is a musical EP of Pop Will Eat Itself.
- released on (20 years ago)
- "Amalgamation" is a musical album of Codec.
- released in (15 years ago)
- "Amalgamation" is a musical album of Fred Wesley.
- released in (21 years ago)
- "Amalgamation" is a musical album of Ryan Goodnight.
- released in (8 years ago)
- Amalgamation a.k.a. Merger: A merger, consolidation or amalgamation, in a political or administrative sense, is the combination of two or more political or administrative entities, such as municipalities, counties, districts, etc., into a single entity. This term is used when the process occurs within a sovereign entity.
- read more about Merger
- Amalgamation: An amalgamated name is a name that is formed by combining several previously existing names. These may take the form of an acronym or a blend.
- Amalgamation or amalgam, when used to refer to a fictional character or place, refers to one that was created by combining, or is perceived to be a combination, of several other previously existing characters or locations. To emphasize the origin of their creations, authors or artists may use amalgamated names.
- Amalgamation: Amalgamasi adalah istilah kuno sekarang sebagian besar untuk perkawinan dan antar pembiakan dari etnik yang berbeda atau ras. Di dunia berbahasa Inggris, istilah ini digunakan dalam abad kedua puluh. Di Amerika Serikat, sebagian diganti setelah 1863 dengan istilah perkawinan antara suku atau bangsa. Sementara itu, istilah amalgamasi bisa mengacu pada antar pembiakan yang berbeda putih maupun etnis non-putih, istilah perkawinan antara suku atau bangsa dimaksud antar pembiakan khusus untuk kulit putih dan non-putih, terutama Afrika-Amerika.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Amalgamation
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Frederick Stroud, Elsie May Wheeler, John McDonald Burke
Act, 1862, “Amalgamation,” signifies the transfer of all or some part of the Assets and Liabilities of one, or more than one, existing Co to another existing Co, — or of two or more existing Cos to a new Co,-—of which transferee Co all the ...
Containing a Clear Exposition of Their Principles and Practice by Andrew Ure, Robert Hunt
Thus it is shown that whenever cyanide of potassium is used to assist in the amalgamation of blanketings, the less falls upon the gold and silver present, the mercury being protected from the action of this salt by these more valuable metals.
by David Shephard Garland, James Cockcroft, Lucius Polk McGehee, Charles Porterfield
by Denis Fortin, Jerry Moon
are in harmony with White'slater usesof “amalgamation.” Referringto(5)theemergenceof ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Amalgamation
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Amalgamation
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Amalgamation
Click on an item to play that video:
- Meaning of Amalgamation by CA Ashok Pahwa, Indore
Only meaning of word Amalgamation presented in video, for detail contact 9425060686.
- Amalgamation Meaning
Video shows what amalgamation means. The process of amalgamating; a mixture, merger or consolidation.. The result of amalgamating; a mixture or alloy.
- Video Lectures on Financial Reporting - Amalgamation Tabular Explanation by D.G. Sharma
Video Lectures on Financial Reporting Including Accounting Standards (CA-Final) by D.G. Sharma.
- The Y.K. Dictionary - Amalgamation
The World's fastest and easiest Movie Dictionary! Intermediate vocabulary available for all people to enjoy! Watch it now...the new learning experience...The Y.K. ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Amalgamation!
Quotes about Amalgamation
Scrabble value of A1M3A1L1G2A1M3A1T1I1O1N1
The value of this 12-letter word is 17 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Amalgamation to see it in context!