On this page:
Amanda is a village in Fairfield County, Ohio, United States. The population was 737 at the 2010 census. Amanda was the birthplace of Thomas Sterling, a Republican in the United States Senate from 1913 to 1925.
- Amanda a.k.a. Amanda Kimmel: Amanda Lee Kimmel is an actress, model, and former beauty queen who has competed in the Miss USA and Miss Earth pageants. Kimmel gained international notoriety as a runner-up contestant on both Survivor: China and Survivor: Micronesia. She also competed on Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains. Kimmel broke several Survivor records during her three seasons competing on the show.
- read more about Amanda Kimmel
- Amanda a.k.a. Amanda Drury is an Australian journalist and news anchor for CNBC, hosting finance and business programming from New York. She is the co-host of Street Signs and has appeared on other various CNBC shows as an expert in finance and business.
- read more about Amanda Drury
- Amanda a.k.a. Veronica Jett is an American pornographic actress. She appeared in the music video for Papa Roach's single "…To Be Loved".
- read more about Veronica Jett
- Amanda Louisa Kretz Lameche, known professionally as Amanda, is a French-born Swedish pop singer who started getting involved in music after her family settled in Täby, Sweden. She was discovered at the age of 10 by the wife of Anders Bagge, who became one of her songwriters. Murlyn Songs became her producers.
- Amanda a.k.a. Arielle Reitsma is an actress.
- read more about Arielle Reitsma (actress)
- Amanda a.k.a. Amanda Babin is an actress.
- read more about Amanda Babin (actress)
- Amanda a.k.a. Amanda Faried: Amanda is an actress.
- read more about Amanda Faried (actress)
- Amanda a.k.a. Cherie is an American pornographic actress with Spanish and Italian heritage.
- read more about Cherie
- Amanda a.k.a. Amanda Acosta is a musical artist and actress.
- read more about Amanda Acosta (actress)
- Amanda is an actress.
- also known as Giuliana Cecchini
- profession: Actor
- read more about Amanda (actress)
Amanda a.k.a. Sångensemblen Amanda is a musical group.
- read more about Sångensemblen Amanda
- Amanda Darieux is a fictional character in the television series Highlander: The Series and Highlander: The Raven, portrayed by actress Elizabeth Ward Gracen. She is one of the Immortals, immune to old age and death except by beheading. Some Immortals play The Game, seeking each other out for a duel to the death, for which the survivor is rewarded with a Quickening.
- occupation: Thief
- Amanda a.k.a. Amanda Young is a fictional character in the Saw franchise. She is portrayed by Shawnee Smith. At first a minor character in the original film, her role expanded in the sequels until she became one of the most important characters in the series, being the only character besides Jigsaw himself to have been featured in every Saw film.
- read more about Amanda Young
- Amanda a.k.a. Amanda Tanen is a fictional character in the American dramedy series Ugly Betty and spin-off web-series Mode After Hours. She is played by Becki Newton. Amanda's character is a combination of Patricia Fernandez and Marcela Valencia, but her appearance is similar to Marcia Villarroel from the Mexican adaptation. Like Henry Grubstick, Amanda shares a last name with a real-life member of Ugly Betty's production staff — writer Brian Tanen.
- read more about Amanda Tanen
- Amanda is a fictional character from the 1996 film Manny and Lo.
- Amanda is a fictional character from the 1995 film Mouth to Mouth.
- Amanda is a fictional character from the 2008 film Taken.
- Amanda is a fictional film character.
- Amanda is a fictional character from the 2014 film Flock of Dudes.
- Amanda is a fictional character from the 2004 film The Prince and Me.
- Amanda is a fictional character from the 1993 film When the Party's Over.
- Amanda a.k.a. Amanda Grayson: Lady Amanda Grayson is a fictional character in the Star Trek universe. She is the human mother of Mr. Spock. Very little about the character has been revealed. She appeared in only one episode of Star Trek: The Original Series and two movies: Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, and briefly in Star Trek V: The Final Frontier; she is slated to appear in the forthcoming Star Trek. Her surname is not mentioned in "Journey to Babel" or in the movies, even though it was given to her in an early draft of the screenplay of "Journey to Babel". She is first mentioned as Amanda Grayson in the animated series episode "Yesteryear", which is not considered official canon. Despite the character's infrequent official appearances, Ms. Grayson is a very popular character and appears in many Star Trek novels and fan fiction stories, and to date her accepted last name has not been contradicted by any film or TV episode. In "Journey to Babel", she states that she has a Vulcan name which she has learned to pronounce after a fashion, but asks to be addressed by her human first name.
- read more about Amanda Grayson
- Amanda is a fictional character from the 2013 film Movie 43.
- Amanda is a fictional film character.
- Amanda Anderson is a fictional character from the 2012 film Flight.
- Amanda is a fictional film character.
- Amanda is a fictional character from the 2007 thriller film The Life Before Her Eyes.
There are other characters with in their name, like Amanda Gore, Amanda Knox, Amanda Lear, Amanda Vale, Amanda Wood, Amanda Blake, Amanda Bloom, Amanda Burke, Amanda Clark, Amanda Hobbs, Amanda Jones, Amanda Kirby, Amanda Moore, Amanda Morel, Amanda White, Amanda Benson, Amanda Brooks.
- "Amanda" is a power ballad by the rock band Boston written by Tom Scholz. The song was released as the first single from the band's third album, Third Stage, in 1986, a 6-year-delay after it was recorded.
- music and lyrics by Tom Scholz
- "Amanda" is a 1973 song written by Bob McDill and recorded by both Don Williams and Waylon Jennings. "Amanda" would be Waylon Jennings's eighth solo number one on the country chart. The single stayed at number one for three weeks on the Billboard Hot Country Singles chart.
- "Amanda" is a composition.
- "Amanda" is a musical album of Basil Poledouris, soundtrack.
- also known as Amanda Soundtrack
- released in (15 years ago)
- "Amanda" is a single album by Waylon Jennings.
- "Amanda" is a musical album of Kaori Muraji.
- released on (8 years ago)
- "Amanda" is a musical EP of The Walking Ghost Phase.
- released on
- "Amanda" is a musical album of Eliane Elias & Randy Brecker.
- released in (31 years ago)
"Amanda" is a novel written by Candice F. Ransom. It is the first in the Sunfire series series of thirty-two books. It was published by Scholastic Press in 1984, and is 346 pages long.
- also known as "Amanda (Sunfire, No 1)"
- language: English Language
- genres: History, Children's literature, Fiction
- released in (32 years ago)
- "Amanda" is a 2009 romantic comedy directed by Steve Marra. The movie stars Randy Ryan and Ariana Dubynin. The story takes place in Indianapolis, where movie was also shot.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Steve Marra & Mark Agee
- executive producers: Anthony J. Marra Sr., Sherman Winski, Ronan S. Marra, Richard Keenan, Thomas Parker
- production design by John El Manahi
- written by Steve Marra
- Ariana Dubynin as Amanda
- Randy Ryan as Joe Bender
- Neil S. Bagadiong
- Matthew W. Allen
- Tim Barrett as Park Mime
- Bill Bannister as Bob Bender
- Bruce Bennett
- Mariah Daisy-Sharp as Katie
- Douglas Johnson as Craig Kelly
- Amy Esacove as Stacy
- China Doll as Ineeka
- Bill Myers as Norm
- Ken Klingenmeier as Randall McNamara
- Diane Timmerman as Susan McNamara
- Aaron Nichols as Joe
- Erin Raftery
- Faith Marie
- cinematography by Learan Kahanov
- edited by Steve Marra & Mark Bradley
- music by Phil Buckle, Michael Jan Levine
- genres: Romance Film, Romantic comedy, Indie film, LGBT, Comedy
- released on (6 years ago)
- official website: www.amandathemovie.com
- "Amanda" is a film, directed by Bobby Roth.
- genre: Drama
- released on (19 years ago)
- Amanda is a TV program created by Genta Buana Paramita.
- begun in (7 years ago)
- 100 episodes
- regular cast: Imel Putri Cahyati as Rossa
- Amanda is a Latin female gerundive name meaning "having to be loved," "deserving to be loved," or, simply, "worthy of love.
- Amanda was an early American television series which debuted in November 1948. It is not known when it ended, but it still appears in a TV schedule from October the following year.
- Amanda is a genus of sea slugs, specifically of aeolid nudibranchs. They are marine gastropod molluscs in the family Facelinidae.
- Amanda is an uptempo song written by Thomas G:son and Jimmy Jansson, and performed by Jimmy Jansson at Melodifestivalen 2007. The song participated in the competition inside Scandinavium on 10 February 2007, and went further to Andra chansen, but failed to reach the final inside the Stockholm Globe Arena. The song was originally written for Melodifestivalen 2004, but was rejected, which happened again when applying for Melodifestivalen 2005 and 2006.
Phrases with Amanda
- Pero Amanda
- Adama Amanda
- Aidos Amanda
- Baris Amanda
- Mitra Amanda
- Acacia Amanda
- Apamea Amanda
- Argina Amanda
- Eulima Amanda
- Eucosma Amanda
- Melecta amanda
- Terebra Amanda
- Trypeta amanda
- Zygaena Amanda
- Catocala Amanda
- Euthalia Amanda
- Hesperia amanda
- Justicia Amanda
- Lucilina Amanda
- Mathilda Amanda
View more phrases with the word Amanda in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Amanda
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Intelligent Tutoring Systems (2004)
7th International Conference, ITS 2004, Maceió, Alagoas, Brazil, August 30 - September 3, 2004, Proceedings by James C. Lester, Rosa Maria Vicari, Fábio Paraguacu
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2004 2 The Mediation Principle AMANDA is an autonomous domain-independent intelligent CXXII.
Move Over, Mother Goose! (1987)
Finger Plays, Action Verses, & Funny Rhymes by Ruth I. Dowell
Animals Far and Wide Amanda is a Panda Bear FINGERPLAY Children are sitting Make.
Encyclopedia of the Mind (2012)
by Harold Pashler
Brad: Thanks for ringing Amanda: right—bye Brad: bye bye <pause> see you next week ...
Autism Encyclopedia (2009)
The Complete Guide to Autism Spectrum Disorders by E. Amanda Boutot, Matt Tincani
Amanda Boutot, Matt Tincani...
Amanda Boutot, Matt Tincani, and Yvonne Randall.
Factual and Fictional Series About Judges, Lawyers and the Courtroom, 1948-2008 by Hal Erickson
Blythe Danner (Amanda Bonner); Dena Dietrich (Gracie); ...
by John Daintith, William Gould
AMANDA Telescope about a vertical axis and in ALTITUDE about a horizontal axis (see illustration). It is easy to make and use and needs no counterpoise weights to balance the telescope. It provides a very firm support and is well adapted for ...
by John Sundholm, Isak Thorsen, Lars Gustaf Andersson, Olof Hedling, Gunnar Iversen, Birgir Thor Møller
AMANDA. The Norwegian Amanda Awards have been presented annually since 1985. Inspired by the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Amanda
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of A1M3A1N1D2A1
The value of this 6-letter word is 9 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AMANDA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Amanda!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Amanda to see it in context!