On this page:
- Amar Singh is an Indian politician from the state of Uttar Pradesh was one of the leaders of Samajwadi Party. Known for his chaste Hindi and political connections, Amar Singh polarises the public opinion on him. He has several cases of corruption pending against him making him widely unpopular., He was the general secretary of the Samajwadi Party and is a member of the Rajya Sabha, the upper house of the Indian parliament. On 6 January 2010, he resigned from all the posts of Samajwadi Party and was later expelled from the party by its chief, Mulayam Singh Yadav, on 2 February 2010. He spent a brief period in judicial custody in 2011. He finally retired from politics. In his statement he mentioned, "I want to give more time to my wife and my family. Therefore after the last day of polling, I will retire from politics.
- also known as Thakur Amar Singh, Amarsingh, Shri Amar Singhji, Amar Singh Ji, Shri. Amar Singhji, Sri Amar Singh, Shri Amar Singh
- born on (60 years ago) in Azamgarh
- nationality: India
- religion: Hinduism, Islam
- education: Law degree at St. Xavier's College, Kolkata
- profession: Politician, business magnate, spokesperson, actor, film producer
- Marriage with Pankaja Kumari Singh
- parent of
- film produced: Uyire Uyire
- official website: www.amarsinghonline.com
- Amar Singh a.k.a. Kunwar Amar: Kunwar Amarjeet Singh is a contemporary dancer and Indian television actor. He was a finalist in Zee TV’s dance reality show Dance India Dance and played the main lead on Channel V India's popular dance-based teen drama Dil Dosti Dance as "Reyaansh Singhania". He is advertised as a contestant in Dare 2 Dance, a dance- and stunt-based reality show scheduled to be broadcast in September 2014 on Life OK.
- read more about Kunwar Amar (actor)
- Amar Singh: Ladhabhai Nakum Amar Singh Lodha was an Indian Test cricketer.
- Amar Singh is a cinematographer.
- profession: Cinematographer
- Amar Singh is a cyclist.
- nationality: India
- profession: Athlete
- award: - Arjuna Award for Cycling
- Amar Singh appeared in the 2011 film Breakaway.
- profession: Actor
- read more about Amar Singh (actor)
- Amar Singh is the father of Jagjit Singh.
- parent of Jagjit Singh
- Amar Singh is a fictional character from the 1993 film Santaan.
- Amar Singh is a fictional character from the 1983 film Manju.
- Amar Singh is a fictional character from the 1986 film Janbaaz.
- Amar Singh is a fictional character from the 1978 film Amar Shakti.
- Amar Singh is a fictional character from the 1991 film Jigarwala.
- Amar Singh is a fictional character from the 2008 film Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na.
- Amar Singh is a fictional character from the 2011 film Breakaway.
- Amar Singh is a fictional character from the 2013 film Attacks of 26/11.
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Amar Singh
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Cathy Ostlere
Your Amar Singh is a foreigner now so go to the consulate.
by Hamlet Bareh
Major General Rawal Amar Singh was the Dewan in Manipur at that time. In Shillong Bodhchandra Singh was pressurised to sign the merger agreement by the governor of Assam and the other authorities of the government of India.
by Amaresh Datta
Bhag- wandin, Amar Singh and Jagmohan. From the lexicographical point of view, it is the first one among the modern Indian languages and is the best one in word-selection, explication of meaning, etymological insight and usage.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Amar Singh
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Amar Singh
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Amar Singh Thapa.
Anagrams of AMAR SINGH
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Amar Singh!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Amar Singh to see it in context!