On this page:
- Definition of the noun Amaranthus cruentus
- Phrases with Amaranthus cruentus
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Amaranthus cruentus
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Amaranthus cruentus
- Photos about Amaranthus cruentus
- Quotes about Amaranthus cruentus
- Share this page
Definition of the noun amaranthus cruentus
What does amaranthus cruentus mean as a name of something?
- tall showy tropical American annual having hairy stems and long spikes of usually red flowers above leaves deeply flushed with purple; seeds often used as cereal
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific names: Amaranthus hybridus erythrostachys / Amaranthus hybridus hypochondriacus
- synonyms of Amaranthus cruentus: gentleman's-cane / prince's-feather / prince's-plume / purple amaranth / red amaranth
- more generic word: amaranth = any of various plants of the genus Amaranthus having dense plumes of green or red flowers
Phrases with Amaranthus cruentus
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Amaranthus cruentus
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Concise Guide to Over 385 Plant Oils: Easyread Comfort Edition by Carol Schiller
Botanical Name: Amaranthus candatus, Amaranthus cruentus, Amaranthus hypochondriacus Family: Amaranthaceae The oil and CO2 extract are obtained from the seeds.
by G. Rehm
g Inkaweizen s quinoa de Castilla, trigo del Inca, millmi, chaquillon 157 Amaranthus cruentus L. Syn. A. paniculatur L. queue de renard, amarante étalée Rispenfuchsschwanz achita, bledo moe-„o 158 Amaranthus ...
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology (5 Volume Set) by Umberto Quattrocchi
Watson; Amaranthus cruentus L.; Amaranthus hecticus Willd.; Amaranthus hybridus E.H.L. Krause; Amaranthus ...
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology by Umberto Quattrocchi
(Amaranthus cruentus L.) English: Cape pigweed, common pigweed, pigweed, prince's feather, red shank, purple amaranth, red amaranth South Africa: gewone misbredie, misbredie A. hybridus L. subsp. hybridus var. hybridus (Amaranthus ...
Amaranthus cruentus, ur various- leaved amaranth : racemes decompound, naked, patulous ; leaves lanceolate- ovate. As first cultivated in England in 1728, the stem was wholly red and smooth ; the petioles, ribs, and nerves of the leaves ...
Dictionary of Food (2009)
International Food and Cooking Terms from A to Z by Charles Sinclair
Amaranthus cruentus Botanical ...
by Shmuel Yannai
of Amaranthus cruentus (purple amaranth). [a]25D +43.8. 23-Carboxylic acid ...
Cultivated for Edible Seeds Amaranth Amaranthus cruentus Amaranth Amaranthus leucoarpus Apazote Chenopodium nuttalliae Bean, common Phaseolus vulgaris Bean, lima Phaseolus lunatus Bean, runner Phaseolus coccineus Bean, ...
by Virginia P. Studdert, Clive C. Gay, Douglas C. Blood
red shank Amaranthus cruentus. RedSindhi a redzebu breedofdairycattle. redsore diseasefocal hemorrhagic necrosis accompanied by deep ulceration ofthe perioral epidermis of some freshwater fish; caused by ...
A "Full Course" Encyclopedia by Andrew F. Smith
Amaranth (such as Amaranthus caudatus, Amaranthus cruentus, and Amaranthus hypochondriacus) was domesticated in Central America about 6,000 years ago but was used ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Amaranthus cruentus
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Amaranthus cruentus
Click on an item to view that photo:
Amaranthus cruentus x powelli 'Hopi Red Dye'
Photo credit: MeganEHansen
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Quotes about Amaranthus cruentus
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'amaranthus cruentus"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Amaranthus cruentus to find many related words and phrases!