Amaranthus hybridus erythrostachys
On this page:
Definition of the noun amaranthus hybridus erythrostachys
What does amaranthus hybridus erythrostachys mean as a name of something?
- tall showy tropical American annual having hairy stems and long spikes of usually red flowers above leaves deeply flushed with purple; seeds often used as cereal
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific names: Amaranthus cruentus / Amaranthus hybridus hypochondriacus
- synonyms of Amaranthus hybridus erythrostachys: gentleman's-cane / prince's-feather / prince's-plume / purple amaranth / red amaranth
- more generic word: amaranth = any of various plants of the genus Amaranthus having dense plumes of green or red flowers
- geographic area: Caribbean, North America, Oceania
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Amaranthus hybridus erythrostachys
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Amaranthus hybridus erythrostachys to find many related words and phrases!