Amaranthus hybridus hypochondriacus
On this page:
Definition of the noun amaranthus hybridus hypochondriacus
What does amaranthus hybridus hypochondriacus mean as a name of something?
- tall showy tropical American annual having hairy stems and long spikes of usually red flowers above leaves deeply flushed with purple; seeds often used as cereal
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific names: Amaranthus cruentus / Amaranthus hybridus erythrostachys
- synonyms of Amaranthus hybridus hypochondriacus: gentleman's-cane / prince's-feather / prince's-plume / purple amaranth / red amaranth
- more generic word: amaranth = any of various plants of the genus Amaranthus having dense plumes of green or red flowers
- geographic area: Caribbean, North America, Oceania
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Amaranthus hybridus hypochondriacus
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Amaranthus hybridus hypochondriacus to find many related words and phrases!