On this page:
- "Amarantine" is an album by Irish musician Enya. The album was released on 22 November 2005. It won the Grammy Award for Best New Age Album for 2007 and is the third top selling new age album of the 2000s in the US, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The release date was announced by Roma Ryan on 23 September 2005, at the official Enya forum. It was subsequently leaked to the Internet on 11 November 2005.
- also known as Amarantine (disc 2), Amarantine (Special Christmas Edition bonus disc), Amarantine (Special Christmas Edition)
- genres: Celtic music, New Age, New-age music, Pop music
- released on (9 years ago)
- "Amarantine" is a single by Irish musician Enya, taken from the album of the same name. The word is taken from ancient Greek and means everlasting or immortal. The single was released in certain regions on 14 November 2005. Other regions received the single on or after 6 December 2005.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Amarantine
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by G. Rehm
perpetua vermelha globe amaranth amarantine Kugelamarant amor ...
Dictionary of Hard Words (1910)
by Robert Morris Pierce
[also spelt amaranthin ; synonymous cognates amarantine, amarantin] aema'zaen9in ; (improperly) aema'zaen-9ain. amarine n.
The Treasury of Botany: a Popular Dictionary of Vegetable Kingdom with which is Incorporated a Glossary of Botanical Terms Edited by John Lindley and Thomas Moore (1870)
AMARANTINE. (Fr.) Gomphrena glcbosa. AMARANTOIDE. (Fr.) Gomphrena coccinea. AMARELLE. (Fr.) Cerasus avium. AMARINIER. (FL) Salixvitellina. AMARYLLIDACEE (Narcissfi. A large natural order, consisting for the most part of ...
by John Lindley, Thomas Moore
AMARANTINE. (Fr.) Gomphrena globosa. AMARANTOIDE. (Fr.) Gomphrena coccinea. AMARELLE. (Fr.) Cerasus avium. AMARINIER. - (Fr.) Salim vitellina. AMARYLLIDACEJE (Narcissfl. A large natural order, consisting for the most part ...
[More correctly amarantine, (Gr. duapávttvoc, & duápavroc ...
by Abraham Rees
Amarantine Stoebe. . Linn. Suppl.
[More correctly amarantine, KGr. dpapavrivor, < a/xdpavror, amaranth: see amaranth.] 1. Of or pertaining to the amaranth ; consisting of, containing, or resembling amaranth. Those happy souls who dwell In yellow meads of Asphodel, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Amarantine
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Amarantine
Photo credit: mandrl
Scrabble value of A1M3A1R1A1N1T1I1N1E1
The value of this 10-letter word is 12 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Amarantine for some fun with words!