On this page:
Definition of the noun amati
What does amati mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: Amatis
- Italian violin maker in Cremona; taught the craft to Guarneri and Stradivari (1596-1684)
- a violin made by Nicolo Amati or a member of his family
AMATI is an Aviation waypoint.
- also known as AMATI fix, fix AMATI, AMATI waypoint, waypoint AMATI
Amati is a record label.
- Amati is the last name of a family of Italian violin makers, who flourished at Cremona from about 1538 to 1740. Their importance is considered equal to those of the Bergonzi, Guarneri and Stradivari families. Today, violins created by Nicolò Amati are evaluated at around $600,000.
- Amati, also known as Ambuvachi, is a ritual followed in Kamrup and Goalpara regions in Western Assam. It is an ancient fertility cult and also incorporated into the mother godness cult as Kamakhya as its centre.
Phrases with Amati
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Amati
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Paul Polishuk, Editor
Amati is the developer of Discrete Multitone (DMT) technology, which is the only ADSL line code that has been adopted by the worldwide ETSI and ANSI standards organizations. Amati has licensed its DMT technology to companies including ...
The Violin Companion (2009)
by Peter Ferreira
Andrea Amati is the luthier credited for making the first real violin in the first half of the 16th century by order of the Medici family, who asked for an instrument that could be used by street musicians, but with the quality of a lute, a very popular ...
by Cram101 Textbook Reviews
Amati: Amati is the name of a family of Italian violin.
by Alberto Bachmann
AMATI, ANDREA, Cremona, b. about 1535, d. after ...
Over Fifty Years of Convicts, Robbers, Terrorists, and Other Rogues by Duane Swierczynski
Tony Amati, along with buddies Troy Sampson and Eddie James, broke into a ...
by John Weeks Moore
AMATI. Four persons of this name, celebrated makers of violins, lived at Cremona , – Andrew, and two sons, Jerome and Antony; also Nicholas, a son of Antony. Of these, Andrew and Jerome became celebrated, 1650. AMATI, ANDREW, made ...
by George Grove
AMATI, a family of celebrated Italian violin- makers, who lived and worked at Cremona, and are generally regarded as the founders of the Cremona school. There is considerable uncertainty as to the different members of the family, which was ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Amati
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Amati
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Amati
Video shows what Amati means. a violin made by a member of the Amati family.. Amati Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say ...
Scrabble value of A1M3A1T1I1
The value of this 5-letter word is 7 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AMATI
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Amati!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Amati to see it in context!