On this page:
- Amato a.k.a. Fernandel: Fernand Joseph Désiré Contandin, better known as Fernandel, was a French actor and singer. Born in Marseille, France, he was a comedy star who first gained popularity in French vaudeville, operettas, and music-hall revues. His stage name originated from his marriage to Henriette Manse, the sister of his best friend and frequent cinematic collaborator Jean Manse. So attentive was he to his wife that his mother-in-law amusingly referred to him as Fernand d'elle.
- read more about Fernandel (actor)
- Amato a.k.a. Giuseppe Amato was an Italian film producer, screenwriter and director. He produced 58 films between 1932 and 1961.
- read more about Giuseppe Amato
- Amato a.k.a. Jean-Marie Amato was an actor.
- read more about Jean-Marie Amato (actor)
Amato was an English bred, English trained thoroughbred racehorse who won the Derby Stakes in 1838 on his only racecourse appearance. He was then injured and retired undefeated.
- born in (181 years ago)
- Amato is a fictional character from the 2004 film Alexander.
- Amato is a fictional character from the 2012 film 40 Days and Nights.
Amato is a comune and town in the province of Catanzaro in the Calabria region of Italy.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Amato
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Lady Gold (1998)
by Angela Amato, Joe Sharkey
Angela Amato is a former NYPD detective who left the force and became a Legal Aid attorney.
PREGNANCY OF REVENGE (2015)
Harlequin Comics by jacqueline baird
Jake D'Amato is a wealthy businessman with an eye for the art world.
Why Place Matters (2014)
Geography, Identity, and Civic Life in Modern America by Wilfred McClay, Ted McAllister
Amato The historian Joseph A. Amato is a powerful advocatefor the dignity and importance of local history. Local history is often disparaged as the province of mere antiquarians and historical societies. Thatprejudice may or may not ...
by Mark Gilbert, Robert K. Nilsson
AMATO,GIULIANO ° 35 mainstay of the Alpine region's economy. The resorts of Courmayeur, Sestriere, . Madonna di Campiglio, Val Gardena, and _ 'Cortina d' AmpeZzo offer some of the best skiing in the world. High-quality wine (especially ...
by Julia R. Miller
If parents display marital conflict, children are less likely to learn the social skills that are necessary to maintain a successful marriage, and they may come to hold a comparatively weak commitment to lifelong marriage (Amato and DeBoer ...
by Karen Foerstel
Alfonse D'Amato. Three other Democrats entered the race — ex-Rep. Elizabeth Holtzman, state attorney general Robert Abrams, and civil rights activist Al Sharpton. The primary race quickly turned ugly and bitter as Holtzman accused Ferraro ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Amato
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Amato
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: 2007summerclass
- Amato Gelato Cafe
Photo credit: Calgary Reviews
- Amato Gelato Cafe - Toasted Almond
Photo credit: Calgary Reviews
- P. Amato
Bain News Service,, publisher.
[between ca. 1915 and ca. 1920]
1 negative : glass ; 5 x 7 in. or smaller.
Title from unverified data provided by the Bain News Service on the negatives or caption cards.
Forms part of: George Grantham Bain Collection (Library of Congress).
Format: Glass negatives.
- Corsets By Antiseptic, Photo by Allan Amato
Photo credit: Antiseptic Fashion
Video about Amato
Language Connections - Testimonio Arturo D'amato
See also the pronunciation examples of Amato!
Quotes about Amato
Scrabble value of A1M3A1T1O1
The value of this 5-letter word is 7 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AMATO
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Amato!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Amato to see it in context!