On this page:
Definition of the noun Amaurolimnas
What does Amaurolimnas mean as a name of something?
Amaurolimnas is a genus of Rallidae, described by Sharpe in 1893.
- synonym: genus Amaurolimnas
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Chordata
- class: Aves
- order: Gruiformes
- family: Rallidae
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Amaurolimnas is a genus of Rallidae.
Phrases with Amaurolimnas
Phrases starting with the word Amaurolimnas:
- Amaurolimnas concolor
- Amaurolimnas concolor concolor
- Amaurolimnas concolor castaneus
- Amaurolimnas concolor guatemalensis
Phrase ending with the word Amaurolimnas:
Other phrases containing the word Amaurolimnas:
- species Amaurolimnas concolor
- Subspecies Amaurolimnas Concolor Concolor
- Subspecies Amaurolimnas Concolor Castaneus
- Subspecies Amaurolimnas Concolor Guatemalensis
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Amaurolimnas
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by James A. Jobling
Amaurolimnas Gr. amauros dusky, brown; Mod. L. limnas rail (> Gr. limnas of the marsh > limne# marsh). amauronota / amauronotus Gr. amauros brown, dusky; - no#tos -backed (no#ton back). amauroptera / amauropterus Gr. amauros brown, ...
by Dr. Daniel Simberloff, Dr. Marcel Rejmanek
The uniform crake (Amaurolimnas concolor) was extirpated from Jamaica sometime after 1881, and mongooses were probably a major factor. In the Hawaiian Islands , ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Amaurolimnas
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of A1M3A1U1R1O1L1I1M3N1A1S1
The value of this 12-letter word is 16 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Amaurolimnas to find many related words and phrases!