On this page:
Definition of the noun Amaurospiza
What does Amaurospiza mean as a name of something?
Amaurospiza is a genus of Cardinalidae, described by Cabanis in 1861.
- synonym: genus Amaurospiza
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Chordata
- class: Aves
- order: Passeriformes
- family: Cardinalidae
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Amaurospiza is a genus of Thraupidae.
Phrases with Amaurospiza
Phrases starting with the word Amaurospiza:
- Amaurospiza moesta
- Amaurospiza concolor
- Amaurospiza carrizalensis
- Amaurospiza concolor relicta
- Amaurospiza concolor concolor
- Amaurospiza concolor aequatorialis
Phrase ending with the word Amaurospiza:
Other phrases containing the word Amaurospiza:
- species Amaurospiza moesta
- species Amaurospiza concolor
- Species Amaurospiza Carrizalensis
- Subspecies Amaurospiza Concolor Relicta
- Subspecies Amaurospiza Concolor Concolor
- Subspecies Amaurospiza Concolor Aequatorialis
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Amaurospiza
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by James A. Jobling
Amaurospiza Gr. amauros dark; spiza finch, identified by most authors as the Chaffinch. Amaurospizopsis (syn. Amaurospiza) From genus Amaurospiza Cabanis, 1861, seedeater; Gr. opsis appearance. amaurotis Gr. amauros brown, dusky; ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Amaurospiza
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of A1M3A1U1R1O1S1P3I1Z10A1
The value of this 11-letter word is 24 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Amaurospiza to find many related words and phrases!