On this page:
Definition of the noun amazon ant
What does amazon ant mean as a name of something?
- small reddish slave-making ant species
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- scientific name: Polyergus rufescens
- more generic terms: slave-maker / slave-making ant = an ant that attacks colonies of other ant species and carries off the young to be reared as slave ants
- member of: genus Polyergus / Polyergus = Amazon ants
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Amazon ant
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
housefly,hoverfly, lacewing, ladybird,mealybug,mosquito, onion fly,sandwasp, sedgefly,snake fly, stinkbug,whiteant,whitefly, woodworm 09 amazon ant, ant weaver, bumblebee,butterfly, caddis fly,carpetbug,cochineal, cockroach, coffee bug, ...
A Dictionary of Entomology (2011)
AMAZON ANT Ant ...
Luxury Edition by Angus Stevenson, Maurice Waite
amazon ant > n. a small reddish ant which captures the pupae of other ant colonies to raise as slaves.
Chambers concise dictionary (2004)
amazon ant > n any of several types of small European and American red ant ...
Oxford Dictionary of English (2010)
by Angus Stevenson
amazon ant 7noun ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Amazon ant
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Amazon ant
If you need images about Amazon ant for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Amazon ant to find many related words and phrases!