On this page:
- Amazonas is a state of Brazil, located in the northwestern corner of the country. It is the largest Brazilian State by area and the 9th largest country subdivision in the world.
- Amazonas a.k.a. Amazonas Region: Amazonas is a region of northern Peru bordered by Ecuador on the north and west, Cajamarca Region on the west, La Libertad Region on the south, and Loreto Region and San Martín Region on the east. Its capital is the city of Chachapoyas.
- read more about Amazonas Region
- Amazonas a.k.a. Amazonas Department: Department of Amazonas is a department of Colombia in the south of the country. Its capital is Leticia. Its name comes from the Amazon River that drains much in the department and the rainforest that covers a large part of the department.
- read more about Amazonas Department
- "Amazonas" is a musical album of Pedro Suárez Vértiz.
- genre: Pop rock
- released in (6 years ago)
- "Amazonas" is a musical album of João Donato Trio.
- released in (15 years ago)
- "Amazonas" is a musical album of Cal Tjader.
- released in (21 years ago)
- "Amazonas" is a musical album of Naná Vasconcelos.
- released in (42 years ago)
- "Amazonas" is a musical album of Huayucaltia.
- released in (23 years ago)
- "Amazonas" is a musical album of Manfredo Fest.
- released on (18 years ago)
"Amazonas" a.k.a. "Private Gold 4: Amazonas" is a film, directed by Jane Waters.
- read more about Private Gold 4: Amazonas
Amazonas a.k.a. Quechua, Chachapoyas Language: Chachapoyas or Amazonas Quechua is a variety of Quechua spoken in the provinces of Chachapoyas and Luya in the Peruvian region of Amazonas.
- read more about Quechua, Chachapoyas Language
Phrases with Amazonas
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Amazonas
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Conservation Tourism (2010)
by Ralf Buckley
Posada Amazonas Posada Amazonas is a lodge on the Tambopata River, in a 20 km2 community reserve which forms part of the...
by Danny Palmerlee
AMAZON BASIN Peru's Amazonas is a vivid, bright, exotic and challenging frontier zone. It claims approximately 50% of the nation's landmass, yet only 5% of Peruvians live here. Though a fast-growing tourist destination, judicious protection ...
Tourism and Protected Areas (2007)
Benefits Beyond Boundaries : the Vth IUCN World Parks Congress by Robyn Bushell, Paul F. J. Eagles
Posada Amazonas is an ecotourism lodge located in Madre de Dios, Peru. The lodge is run as a joint venture between the local community ...
The Ecology and Conservation of a Fragmented Forest
The vastly untouched state of Amazonas is a particularly attractive target. Amazonia has until now provided a mere ...
A Critical Cinema 5 (2006)
Interviews with Independent Filmmakers by Scott MacDonald
Teatro Amazonas is a meditation on audience that creates an evocative intercultural space somewhere between Manaus and wherever the film is screened,and somewhere between history and film history. Goshogaoka (l997) and Nk (2003) ...
The English Cyclopedia (1866)
Alto Amazonas is a new province formed out of those parts of the province of Para and the former province of S. Jozé do Rio Negro, which lie to the north of the Amazonas; it includes consequently the whole of Brazil north of that river, ...
Alto Amazonas is a new province formed out of those parts of the province of Pard and the former province of S. Joz3 do Rio Negro, which lie to the north of the Amazonas ; it includes consequently the whole of Brazil north of that river, ...
The Encyclopedia Americana (1903)
by Frederick Converse Beach, George Edwin Rines
AMAZONAS — AMB ATO AMBER— AMBITIOUS WOMAN. four of which follow each other with irresistible force. The waters of the Amazon swarm with alligators, turtles, and a great variety of fish, of which Agassiz in 1866-7 discovered 1,163 ...
San Leon del Amazonas, VICARIATE APostolic of, in Northern Peru. Formerly a prefecture apostolic it was erected into a viciariate 22 Feb., 1921, and entrusted to the Augustinians. The present vicar is the Rt. Rev. Soter Redondo Herrero ...
The Catholic Encyclopedia (1922)
Supplement. I- by Charles George Herbermann
San Leon del Amazonas, Vicariate Apostolic op, in Northern Peru. Formerly a prefecture apostolic it was erected into a viciariate 22 Feb., 1921, and entrusted to the Augustinians. The present vicar is the Rt. Rev. Soter Redondo Herrero, titular ...
Encyclopedia Britannica (1911)
A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and General Information by Hugh Chisholm
MAN OS, a city and port of Brazil and capital of the state of Amazonas, on the left bank of the Rio Negro 12 m. above its junction with the Solimoes, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Amazonas
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Amazonas
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Francisco Orden
Photo credit: spielbar.com
Photo credit: Agência CNT de Notícias
Photo credit: Fran5Olmo
Photo credit: Francisco Orden
MS Columbus Caravelle
Photo credit: Aah-Yeah
Bug MS Columbus Caravelle
Photo credit: Aah-Yeah
Sunset at one of the Amazonas branches, the Madre de Dios river
Photo credit: Poldavo (Alex)
Air Cooled Volkswagen 1600 engine in this Brazilian Motorcycle, seen at the Pioneer Auto Show. There is a great deal of odd material in this interesting museum out on the prairie. Current owner Dave Geisler, brother John and father Bill have been collecting for this museum for almost 60 years.
Photo credit: Hugo-90
Saberes de selva y rio
Photo credit: luis perez
Photo credit: johrling
Photo credit: jfjwak
- Leticia, Amazonas
Photo credit: waiamcia
- Rio Amazonas
Photo credit: acmoraes
View more pictures about Teatro Amazonas.
Video about Amazonas
Video shows what Amazonas means. State in northern Brazil which has Manaus as its capital.. A department of Colombia.. A region of Peru.. Amazonas ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Amazonas!
Quotes about Amazonas
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'Amazonas"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Scrabble value of A1M3A1Z10O1N1A1S1
The value of this 8-letter word is 19 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Amazonas to see it in context!