On this page:
Ambassadors is a three-part British comedy-drama television series that premiered on BBC Two on 23 October 2013. Ambassadors follows the lives of the employees of the British embassy in the fictional Central Asian nation of Tazbekistan.
- also known as Our Men
- begun on and completed on
- 3 episodes of 60 minutes each
- country: United Kingdom
- genres: Television comedy, Drama
Ambassadors a.k.a. The Ambassadors are the 4-piece Cebuano rock bands.
- read more about The Ambassadors
- Ambassadors a.k.a. Ambassador: An ambassador is an official envoy, especially a highest ranking diplomat who represents a state and is usually accredited to another sovereign state, or to an international organization as the resident representative of their own government or sovereign or appointed for a special and often temporary diplomatic assignment. The word is also often used more liberally for persons who are known, without national appointment, to represent certain professions, activities and fields of endeavor.
- also known as Duta, ทูต, राजदूत, Đại sứ, Veľvyslanec, Saadik, Πρέσβης, Velvyslanec
- Ambassadors: A list of ambassadors and the tenue of their ambassadorship.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ambassadors
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Jens Hoff, Quentin Gausset
The advantage of Furesø«s method of appointing local managers as environmental ambassadors is that the coordinator of the ambassador programme can seek and receive support from the central administration«s management group ...
High Culture Vs. Democracy in Adams, James, and Santayana by Robert Dawidoff
The Ambassadors is a comedy of male liberation because Strether pioneers the escape from the trap that America sets for men, from the “success” of business, or the domestic captivity of the elegant failure; human work and man's work need ...
The Bullying Antidote (2013)
Superpower Your Kids for Life by Louise Hart, Kristen Caven
Safe School Ambassadors is a project of Community Matters.7 Trauma-Sensitive Schools A new approach to bullying is getting to the root of the problem in a handful of schools across the nation. It's based on two principles that underlie much ...
A Platform for All Parties (1860)
by Edward Josiah Stearns
Receiving ambassadors is an attribute of sovereignty, but the essence of the thing itself is that tinal power and authority whose decision alone can finally and conclusively determine the very framework of all government. The people of these ...
Diplomat's Dictionary (1994)
by Charles W. Freeman, Jr.
Ambassadors, selection of: The same men who would not put a man untried in private business at the head of a corporation can nevertheless think nothing of putting a man untried in diplomacy at the head of the nation's business in a foreign ...
Ambassadors to these or one of the more than 300 other countries that host U.S. embassies, consulates, and diplomatic missions coordinate the operations of hundreds of government officers ...
by Abby H. P. Werlock, James P. Werlock
Work Author: Henry James With The Wings of the Dove and The Golden Bowl, The Ambassadors is considered one of Henry James's major phase novels , marked likethe other two books by James's late, elaborate and elliptical syntactic ...
by Gerald D. Jaynes
The ambassadors embodied the philosophy of the so-called AmericoLiberians, who tried to protect Liberia from interference by European powers. AMBASSADORS TO NONBLACK NATIONS President John F. Kennedy appointed the first ...
Ambassadors, both Roman legati sent abroad and those of foreign states in Rome. Foreign ambassadors in Rome were inviolable (sancti, D. 50.7.18) ; they remained so even after declaration of war against the country they represented.
London Encyclopaedia; Or, Universal Dictionary of Science, Art, Literature and Practical Mechanics (1829)
Comprising a Popular View of the Present State of Knowledge
are either ordinary or extraordinary: ambassadors ordinary are those stationed at a foreign court to preserve a good understanding between the court sending them and that to which they are sent: the signing and countersigning of passports , ...
by Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge (Great Britain)
The Athenians being informed that Philip was willing to make peace with them, ten ambassadors were appointed by the people, on the proposal of Philocrates, for the purpose of treating with Philip. Among the ten were Philocrates, iEschines, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ambassadors
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Ambassadors
Photo credit: Nomad Tales
Video language resources about Ambassadors
Click on an item to play that video:
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = ACP EC Committee of Ambassadors
- Galactic Ambassadors~Star & Light Language Chakra Activation Message
Galactic Ambassadors~ Written Star & Light Language Chakra Activation Message dedicated to Akiko & Shin...Namaste.
- Language Ambassadors - Biljana Srbljanovic
Biljana is a Serbian playwright from Belgrade, who speaks English, Italian, French and German in addition to her mothertongue Serbo-croatian. She cannot ...
- The Language Academy in Florida - Ambassadors Studies & Work Abroad
With 10 years experience, Ambassadors Abroad has been the first International Exchange Center in Saint Petersburg. Located in Saint Petersburg Historical ...
- Language Ambassadors - Diana Wallis MEP
- A.C.E. World Language & Culture Ambassadors
A.C.E. World Language & Culture Ambassadors (WLCA) offers highly engaging language and culture classes to elementary and middle school students.
- Language Ambassadors - Sofia Joons
Sofia Joons is Head of the August Pulst School at the Estonian Traditional Music Centre. "It is very important to move between language families. One has to ...
- Culture and Language Ambassadors short film
- Language Ambassadors - Richard Barnes
Richard Barnes is Deputy Mayor of London, Boris Johnson's right hand man. Dipping into all of the Scandinavian languages, he speaks fluent Norwegian, ...
- Language Ambassadors - Ilija Trojanow
The writer and translator Ilija Trojanow is a true cosmopolitan. In this video he talks about how he discovered the world's languages, and why it is absolutely ...
- Language Ambassadors - Diego Marani
Diego Marani is an Italian novelist, translator, and newspaper columnist. In 1996, he invented Europanto, a mock international language. Marani now works in ...
- Language Ambassadors - Yildiz Akdogan
Yildiz Akdogan is a politician and former member of the Danish Parliament, 2007-2011: "A language isn't just a language -- it's also an insight into a culture, ...
- USA Pavilion Student Ambassadors Language Video 2015
- Language Ambassadors - Farshad Kholghi
Farshad Kholghi is an actor, entertainer and writer: "The world is one country -- everybody wants to communicate with others, which is why it's so important to ...
- Language Ambassadors - Keti
Keti is Georgian and works on European projects in Brussels. She speaks Russian, French, English, Georgian and Spanish and loves languages. "Knowing ...
- Language Ambassadors - Igor Kotjuh
Igor Kotjuh is a poet and novelist. "Word plays [between different languages] offer pleasure and joy, which is a very fun, enriching experience."
- A.C.E. World Language & Culture Ambassadors
- Zeybek by Culture and Language Ambassadors
- Culture and Language Ambassadors
- Society of Language International Ambassadors
- Language Ambassadors - Anna Maria Kaufmann
Anna Maria Kaufmann, a Canadian opera and musical singer, explains in this video how speaking several languages was an advantage for her, in her life on ...
- 4-Language Ambassadors
View more videos about The Ambassadors.
See also the pronunciation examples of Ambassadors!
Quotes about Ambassadors
People can be in general pretty well trusted, of course--with the clock of their freedom ticking as loud as it seems to do here--to keep an eye on the fleeting hour. (Henry James)
more quotes about ambassadors...
Scrabble value of A1M3B3A1S1S1A1D2O1R1S1
The value of this 11-letter word is 16 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ambassadors to see it in context!