On this page:
Definition of the noun Ambika
What does Ambika mean as a name of something?
Ambika is a genus of Oecobiidae, described by Lehtinen in 1967.
- synonym: genus Ambika
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Arthropoda
- class: Arachnida
- order: Araneae
- family: Oecobiidae
- genus: Oecobius
- Ambika is an Indian film actress known for her works predominantly in Malayalam, Tamil, Kannada films. She was also starred in few Telugu films. She was one of the top heroines from 1979 to 1988. Her younger sister Radha was also an actress. They acted together in a number of south Indian films and during their peak careers they owned a movie studio called "ARS Studios". In 2013 they converted ARS Studios to a hotel complex.
- Ambika a.k.a. Ambika Sukumaran: Ambika is an Indian film actress best known for her work in Malayalam cinema during 50's and 60's. She is a close relative of Travancore Sisters Padmini, Lalitha and Ragini. Ambika also was initiated to go along that path and she was debuted in the film of Udaya Studio's 'Visappinte Vili' in 1952. In 1968, she acted as the lead artist in the first full length comedy in Malayalam cinema Viruthan Shanku directed by P. Venu. She acted around 70 movies.
- read more about Ambika Sukumaran (actress)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ambika
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Veiling Brilliance (2006)
A Journey to the Goddess by Devadatta Kali
" Speaking to both disciples, Medhas continued, "Ambika is a name that each of you have uttered many times to address your own mother out of ...
Green Business (2006)
by B. S. Sahay, Roger R. Stough, Amrik Sohal, Sonu Goyal
Zutshi, Ambika is a lecturer in the ...
The Healing Power of Angels (2012)
How They Guide and Protect Us by Ambika Wauters
Ambika is the author of numerous successful books on ...
Revised by Patricia Monaghan, PhD
Ambika as, 88; birth...
See also Ambika; Parvati; Ratri; Sarada Devi; Tripura-sundari Kalika, 111 Kali-Ma, 103 Kali Yuga, 103 Kalla -parnek, ...
A Nika-English Dictionary (1887)
by Johann Ludwig Krapf, Johannes Rebmann
Ku ambika ludzadza (see Mfuo), To fix ludzadza ¡n the water to catch fish. Ambira , v.d. Ku mu ambira ngoma. Ambuka, v.u., to ascend a mountain. Not used in any other sense. Ambusa, v.a. Ku ambusa muzigo. Ambusika, v.n. Ka ku ambusika ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ambika
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Ambika
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Ambika
Click on an item to play that video:
- Devi Varahi Ambika meaning explained by Dr G Krishna Kumar
- Kamal Hassan & Ambika - Vaanile Thennila - Kakki Chattai
Watch Kakki Chattai songs starring Kamal Hassan, Ambika, Madhvi & Satyaraj. To watch more videos, Click...
- Virundhinar Pakkam | Actress Ambika | Dt 27-09-13
Virundhinar Pakkam | Actress Ambika | Dt 27-09-13 Follow Us on Twitter...
- Mutable Instruments Ambika (or Roland Juno 60/106)
DISCLAIMER: This is to demonstrate the awesomeness of Ambika! Ok, now, listen to the video but don't watch. Then, go and listen to a video with a Juno 106.
- Ambika Rain Song Yamma Yamma - Arthamulla Asaigal
To Watch This Full Movie For Free Log On To http:\\...
- Dr. Ambika Kameshwar - Sri Lalitha Sahasranamam (full)
Dr. Ambika Kameshwar - Sri Lalitha Sahasranamam.
- Actress Radha and Ambika shares their Views after Casting votes - ThanthI TV
Actress Radha and Ambika shares their Views after Casting votes in Nadigar Sangam Elections - ThanthI TV Catch us LIVE @...
Scrabble value of A1M3B3I1K5A1
The value of this 6-letter word is 14 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AMBIKA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Ambika!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ambika to see it in context!