On this page:
- Definition of the adjective ambitious
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ambitious
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ambitious
- Photos about Ambitious
- Video language resources about Ambitious
- Quotes about Ambitious
- Scrabble value of A1M3B3I1T1I1O1U1S1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective ambitious
What does ambitious mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more ambitious / most ambitious
- having a strong desire for success or achievement
- requiring full use of your abilities or resources
Alternative definition of the adjective ambitious
- Possessing, or controlled by ambition; greatly or inordinately desirous of power, honor, office, superiority, or distinction.
- Strongly desirous—followed by "of" or the infinitive; as, ambitious to be or to do something.
- Springing from, characterized by, or indicating, ambition; showy; aspiring.
- "Ambitious" is a musical album of Manuel Sanchez.
- released on (9 years ago)
- "Ambitious" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by Nile Rodgers
- "AMBITIOUS" is a musical single of Dragon Ash.
- released on (4 years ago)
- "Ambitious" is a musical album of NS Yoon-G.
- released on (4 years ago)
"Ambitious" a.k.a. "Les Ambitieux" is a 2007 comedy film directed by Catherine Corsini.
- read more about Les Ambitieux
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ambitious
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Jo Owen
Being ambitious means being unreasonable, selectively. You have to push and stretch your team to achieve more than they believe is possible. This is not being mean to them: it is only by stretching them that they develop new skills and new ...
Encyclopedia of leadership (2004)
A-E by George R. Goethals, Georgia Jones Sorenson, James MacGregor Burns
The noble Brutus Hath told you Caesar was ambitious: If it were so, it was a grievous fault, And grievously hath Caesar answer'd it. Here, under leave of Brutus and the rest— For Brutus is an honourable man; So are they all, all honourable ...
by Brent Douglas Galloway
ambitious (be) ambitious, (be) willing:: shxwúxwe. (be) willing to do one's work, (ambitious [BHTTC]):: lexws'ó:les. Ambystoma gracile decorticatum Ensatina eschscholtzi and Plethodon vehiculum and possibly also: Ambystoma ...
The Beauties of Shakespeare Being Elegant Extracts Carefully Selected from All His Plays: With a Dictionary of Obscure, Or Antiquated Words (1797)
Noble Brutus Hath told you Caesar was ambitious; If it were so, it was a grievous fault, - And grievously hath Caesar answer'd it. Here, under leave of Brutus, and the rest, For Brutus is an honourable man, - * So are they als, all honourable ...
Designed as a Practical Guide to Aptness and Variety of Phraseology by Richard Soule
Aspirer, ambitious person. 2. Candidate, solicitor, solicitant, competitor. Aspirant, a. Aspiring, ambitious. Aspirate, a. Aspìrated, toneless, unintonatcd, atonic, surd, pronounced with a simple breathing, not vocal, without vocaiity, without tone.
A Dictionary of Discriminated Synonyms with Antonyms and Analogous and Contrasted Words by Merriam-Webster, Inc
Ambitious often implies inordinate, sometimes presumptuous, eagerness to advance oneself or to attain something beyond one's present reach; it may, in addition, connote aggressiveness in the pursuit of one's ends (the noble Brutus hath told ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ambitious
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Ambitious
Click on an item to view that photo:
This woman was actually carrying her daughter on her back throughout a mile-long trail.
Photo credit: myglesias
Photo credit: mack reed (factoid)
That's the sun on the left.
Photo credit: mugley
Photo credit: manfred majer
Photo credit: micadew
Photo credit: Edgar Dacosta
- Ambitious Lemon
Photo credit: 9eorge
Photo credit: faul
Nicole goes for the bigger and bigger stones.
Photo credit: PeterY
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Ambitious
Click on an item to play that video:
- Ambitious Card routine David Blaine (explanation)
- Ambitious Meaning
Video shows what ambitious means. Possessing, or controlled by ambition; greatly or inordinately desirous of power, honor, office, superiority, or distinction.
- An Ambitious Summer: Vlog Explanation!
- Conscious Meditation Foundation's Ambitious Project - Language as No Barrier
This video is available for translation as part of the Conscious Meditation Foundation's Ambitious Project to have Tony Samara's words available in all ...
- Learning the Language of Bolivia's Ambitious Education Reform
Evo Morales is the first indigenous president of Bolivia, even though almost two-thirds of the country's population are indigenous. Upon entering the office, ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Ambitious!
Quotes about Ambitious
Scrabble value of A1M3B3I1T1I1O1U1S1
The value of this 9-letter word is 13 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ambitious to see it in context!