On this page:
- Definition of the adjective ambivalent
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ambivalent
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ambivalent
- Photos about Ambivalent
- Video language resources about Ambivalent
- Quotes about Ambivalent
- Scrabble value of A1M3B3I1V4A1L1E1N1T1
- Anagrams of AMBIVALENT
- Share this page
Definition of the adjective ambivalent
What does ambivalent mean as an attribute of a noun?
- uncertain or unable to decide about what course to follow
Alternative definition of the adjective ambivalent
- Simultaneously experiencing or expressing opposing or contradictory feelings, beliefs, or motivations.
- Alternately having one opinion or feeling, and then the opposite.
Definition of the adjective ambivalent for high school students
- having opposing feelings
- example: My feelings about Calvin are ambivalent because on one hand he is a loyal friend, but on the other, he is a cruel and vicious thief.
The adjective ambivalent is considered to be a word that all college-aspiring students should know and understand, so it frequently appears on the SAT, ACT and other college admissions tests.
- "AMBIVALENT" is a musical album of Tomoyasu Hotei.
- also known as アンビヴァレント
- released on (7 years ago)
- "Ambivalent" is a musical EP of Ambivalent.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ambivalent
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Maurice Waite
ambivalent. student of a particular school, college, or university. – origin Latin, ' pupil'. alveolus /al-vee-oh-luhss/ n. (pl. alveoli /al-vee-oh-lee/) 1 any of the many tiny air sacs in the lungs. 2 the bony socket for the root of a tooth. alveolar adj.
by Irving B. Weiner, W. Edward Craighead
neurotically ambivalent tendency to focus defensively on a proudly idealized view of self as a means of masking awareness of a despised self. Carl Jung, who had been Bleuler's assistant, similarly noted that some people over-identify with a ...
Chambers concise dictionary (2004)
ambiguous, ambivalent Strictly, ambiguous refers to the meaning and significance of things, whereas ambivalent refers to the emotional feelings of people: Note the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ambivalent
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Ambivalent
Click on an item to view that photo:
Beatport Stage - DEMF
Photo credit: basic_sounds
The normal shot for the day. No filters and minimal gimping.
Photo credit: mugley
- Ambivalent Skies
Taken with a with a Digital Harinezumi
Blue's crappy photos....now in a blog!
Photo credit: Tom Verre
- Ambivalent attitude
Photo credit: reborg
- Ambivalent Feline
Photo credit: centinel
- [ CEA ] Divine & Ambivalent
Photo credit: Cea.
- Ambivalent Apple and the Vibrant Wood Texture
Photo credit: andessurvivor
- America, the ambivalent
Yep, that's us, cold, then hot.
Photo credit: shimown
- Ambivalent, but cute
Photo credit: Micah Sittig
- Enemies fear your ambivalent fighting stances!
Photo credit: khelvan
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Ambivalent
Click on an item to play that video:
- Ambivalent Meaning
Video shows what ambivalent means. Simultaneously experiencing or expressing opposing or contradictory feelings, beliefs, or motivations.. Alternately having ...
- ESL Vocabulary : ambivalent
- ESL Vocabulary : ambivalent
- Ambiguous or Ambivalent - The Difference - ESL British English Pronunciation
See also the pronunciation examples of Ambivalent!
Quotes about Ambivalent
Scrabble value of A1M3B3I1V4A1L1E1N1T1
The value of this 10-letter word is 17 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AMBIVALENT
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Ambivalent!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ambivalent to see it in context!