On this page:
Definition of the noun Amblyceps
What does Amblyceps mean as a name of something?
Amblyceps is a genus of Amblycipitidae, described by Blyth in 1858.
- synonyms: genus Amblyceps / Branchiosteus / genus Branchiosteus
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Chordata
- class: Actinopterygii
- order: Siluriformes
- family: Amblycipitidae
- species Amblyceps accari
- species Amblyceps apangi
- species Amblyceps arunchalensis
- species Amblyceps caecutiens
- species Amblyceps carinatum
- species Amblyceps cerinum
- species Amblyceps foratum
- species Amblyceps kurzii
- species Amblyceps laticeps
- species Amblyceps macropterus
- species Amblyceps mangois
- species Amblyceps murraystuarti
- species Amblyceps platycephalus
- species Amblyceps protentum
- species Amblyceps serratum
- species Amblyceps tenuispinis
- species Amblyceps torrentis
- species Amblyceps tuberculatum
- species Amblyceps variegatum
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Amblyceps is a genus of Amblycipitidae.
Phrases with Amblyceps
Phrases starting with the word Amblyceps:
- Amblyceps Horae
- Amblyceps apangi
- Amblyceps Kurzii
- Amblyceps Cerinum
- Amblyceps foratum
- Amblyceps mangois
- Amblyceps laticeps
- Amblyceps serratum
- Amblyceps Carinatum
- Amblyceps Protentum
- Amblyceps Torrentis
- Amblyceps caecutiens
- Amblyceps Marginatus
- Amblyceps mucronatum
- Amblyceps variegatum
- Amblyceps Macropterus
- Amblyceps tenuispinis
- Amblyceps Tuberculatum
Phrases ending with the word Amblyceps:
View more phrases with the word Amblyceps in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Amblyceps
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Amblyceps is a Loach-like form found in the waters of the plains and also of the hills; it is abundant near Kangra. Eacostoma, an example of which exists in the Yarkand-Mission collection, is also a remarkable form. It has a broad and ...
Amblyceps is a Loach-like form found in the waters of the plains and also of the hills ; it is abundant near Kangra.
Based Upon the Collections and Notes of the Late Ferdinand Stoliczka
Amblyceps is a Loach-like form found in the waters of the plains and also of the hills ; it is abundant near Kangra. Exostoma, an example of which exists in the Yarkand-Mission collection, is also a remarkable form. It has a broad and depressed ...
californicus, hvrricBus horribilis, phaonyx and richardsoni ; Brown Bears, Ursus dalli, enlophus, gyas, kenai- ensis, kidderi, middendorffi, sheldoni, sitkensis; Black Bears, Enarctos altifrontalis, amblyceps, americanus, carlotta;, emmonsi, ...
The Encyclopaedia Britannica (1911)
A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and General Information
bears, including the New Mexico black bear (Ursus Americanus amblyceps) # are found. Coyotes or prairie wolves (of which there is a local sub-species, Camis nebracensis texensis), grey wolves, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Amblyceps
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of A1M3B3L1Y4C3E1P3S1
The value of this 9-letter word is 20 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Amblyceps to find many related words and phrases!