On this page:
- Definition of the noun ambulance chaser
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ambulance Chaser
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ambulance Chaser
- Photos about Ambulance Chaser
- Video language resources about Ambulance Chaser
- Quotes about Ambulance Chaser
- Share this page
Definition of the noun ambulance chaser
What does ambulance chaser mean as a name of something?
- an unethical lawyer who incites accident victims to sue
Alternative definition of the noun ambulance chaser
- [derogatory] An unethical attorney who solicits business at the scenes of accidents or in hospitals, in exchange for a percentage of the damages that will be recovered in the case.
- [context: by extension] An attorney who engages in unethical behavior.
- [derogatory] An unethical funeral director or person who engages in the unlicensed sale of preneeds or other services to those who do not yet need them in an attempt to increase business.
"Ambulance Chaser" a.k.a. "The Nuisance" is a 1933 comedy drama romance film directed by Jack Conway.
- read more about The Nuisance
"Ambulance Chaser" is a musical single of Melys.
- released in (17 years ago)
Ambulance Chaser a.k.a. Lawyer: A lawyer is a person who practices law, as an attorney, counsel or solicitor. Law is the system of rules of conduct established by the sovereign government of a society to correct wrongs, maintain the stability of political and social authority, and deliver justice. Working as a lawyer involves the practical application of abstract legal theories and knowledge to solve specific individualized problems, or to advance the interests of those who hire lawyers to perform legal services.
- also known as Counsel, Attorney, Barrister, Solicitor, international lawyer
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ambulance Chaser
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Bryan A. Garner
• ambulance chaser: (19th–21st c.) a lawyer who solicits business from accident victims at ...
Dictionary of Sociology (1944)
by Henry Pratt Fairchild
alienation ambulance chaser alienation. (1) The state of estrangement of one spouse from the other. (2) A condition of mental derangement or lapse from normal state of mind. F.W.K. alienist. A semi-legal word meaning a specialist in mental ...
by Tony Thorne
ambulance chaser n a lawyer, literally one who specialises in claiming on behalf of accident victims. The phrase is also applied, facetiously or ...
by Richard Spears
ambulance chaser 1. and chaser ...
Urban Dictionary (2009)
Fularious Street Slang Defined by urbandictionary.com, Aaron Peckham
ambulance chaser Derogatory description for a personal injury lawyer who specifically seeks out clients for tripping and slipping cases against big companies. Certainly in the U.S., this is ...
by Tom Dalzell, Terry Victor
US, 1977 ambulance chaser noun a disreputable solicitor, especially one who arrives or has an agent arrive at the scene of a disaster to seek clients from among the victims; in UK usage since ...
by Tom Dalzell, Terry Victor
6, 1977 ambulance chaser. noun. a disreputable solicitor, especially one who arrives or has an agent arrive at the scene of a disaster to seek clients from ...
by John V. Terry
ambulance chaser A lawyer or ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ambulance Chaser
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Ambulance Chaser
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Ambulance Chaser
Click on an item to play that video:
Quotes about Ambulance Chaser
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ambulance Chaser to see it in context!