On this page:
Definition of the noun amen corner
What does amen corner mean as a name of something?
- area reserved for persons leading the responsive `amens'
Specialised definition of the noun amen corner
Glossary of sports / golf
the 11th, 12th and 13th holes at the Augusta National course, home of The Masters; the name Was coined in 1958 by journalist Herbert Warren Wind writing in Sports Illustrated to describe the part of the course at which the crucial action had taken place (2005. Chambers Sports Factfinder. Chambers Harrap Publishers Ltd)
- Amen Corner were a successful Welsh rock group, formed in late 1966 in Cardiff, Wales.
- Amen Corner is a musical group.
- albums: "Darken In Quir Haresete", "Jachol Ve Tehilá", "Lucification"
- Amen Corner a.k.a. Andy Fairweather Low: Andrew Fairweather Low is a Welsh guitarist, songwriter, producer and vocalist. He was a founding member of 1960s British pop band Amen Corner, and in recent years has toured extensively with Roger Waters, Eric Clapton and Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings.
- read more about Andy Fairweather Low
- Amen Corner a.k.a. Blue Weaver: Derek John "Blue" Weaver is a British keyboard player, session musician, songwriter and record producer.
- read more about Blue Weaver
"Amen Corner" is a musical album of Railroad Earth.
- released on (6 years ago)
- "Amen Corner" is a musical with a book by Philip Rose and Peter Udell, lyrics by Udell, and music by Garry Sherman, based on the 1965 play of the same title by James Baldwin. The score consists of mostly gospel-inspired music.
- "Amen Corner" is a 2007 novel by American author Rick Shefchik, published March 9 by Poisoned Pen Press. A mystery/thriller set at the Masters Tournament of golf, it centers on Minneapolis police detective and amateur golfer Sam Skarda, as he competes in his first Masters and tries to stop a crazed killer determined to put an end to the tournament. It is the first in a series about Skarda and his adventures investigating crime in the sports world. The second, Green Monster, was published August 1, 2008.
- language: English Language
- released in (8 years ago)
The Amen Corner was a celebrated niche in the corridor of the old Fifth Avenue Hotel, New York City, where politicians and reporters gathered to discuss coming political events. It was here that Senator's Thomas C. Platt's "Sunday School Class" was held in the late 1890s, and when the Senator announced his decisions his associates would say "Amen.
- part of New York City
Amen Corner is a 1983 theater production of the play by Philip Rose and Peter Udell.
- award: - Tony Award for Best Performance by a Leading Actress in a Musical nomination for Rhetta Hughes
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Amen Corner
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Maurice Arthur Canney
AMEN CORNER. This spot in London is so called on account of a procession of clergymen to St. Paul's Cathedral which used to take place annually on Corpus Christi, Day. In the street called Pater-noster Row they chanted the " Pater-noster, " ...
by Walter William Skeat
bonbon HENRY FROWDE Oxford University Press Warehouse Amen Corner, E.C. A CONCISE ETYMOLOGICAL DICTIONARY ENGLISH LANGUAGE BY THE REV. WALTER.
Amen corner. See kamen.—Corner binds, in forestry, four stout chains, used on logging-sleds, to bind the two outside logs of the lower tier to the bunks and thus give a firm bottom to the load. [Newfoundland]..—Corner quadrat. See*quadrat.
The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia: The Century dictionary ... prepared under the superintendence of William Dwight Whitney ... rev. & enl. under the superintendence of Benjamin E. Smith (1914)
by William Dwight Whitney, Benjamin Eli Smith
— Amen corner. Setsiratnen. — Corner binds, in forestry, four stout chains, used on logging-sleds, to bind the two outside logs of the lower tier ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Amen Corner
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Amen Corner
Click on an item to view that photo:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Amen Corner to see it in context!