On this page:
Definition of the noun amentiferae
What does amentiferae mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- used in some classification systems for plants that bear catkins
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- synonym of Amentiferae: group Amentiferae
- more generic terms: taxon / taxonomic category / taxonomic group = animal or plant group having natural relations
- member of: Hamamelidae / subclass Hamamelidae = a group of chiefly woody plants considered among the most primitive of angiosperms; perianth poorly developed or lacking; flowers often unisexual and often in catkins and often wind pollinated; contains 23 families including the Betulaceae and Fagaceae
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Amentiferae
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Bom - Bur
We meet with Coniferae, Amentiferae, Rosacea;, Leguminosae, Rhamnaceae, Aceraceae, Aquifoliaceae, Ericaceae, ...
We meet with Coniferae, Amentiferae, Rosacea;, Leguminosae, Rhamnaceae, Aceraceae, Aquifbliaceae, Ericaceae ...
Encyclopaedia Britannica (1854)
Or, Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and General Literature
The Amentiferae in them, as well as in Iceland, do not become trees. Grasses, Calluna vulgaris, and J uniperus communis, form features in the physiognomy of Iceland, and Alpine species come down nearly to the sea level. In Siberia, forests ...
Constituting in Combination with the Existing Volumes of the Ninth Edition, the Tenth Edition of that Work, and Also Supplying a New, Distinctive, and Independent Library of Reference Dealing with Recent Events and Developments
A mentaceae : see Amentiferae ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Amentiferae
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about Amentiferae
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'Amentiferae"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Scrabble value of A1M3E1N1T1I1F4E1R1A1E1
The value of this 11-letter word is 16 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Amentiferae to find many related words and phrases!