On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun american antelope
What does american antelope mean as a name of something?
- fleet antelope-like ruminant of western North American plains with small branched horns
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- scientific names: Antilocapra anteflexa / species Antilocapra anteflexa / Antilope americana / species Antilope americana / Neomeryx finni / species Neomeryx finni / Antilocapra americana
- synonyms of American antelope: prongbuck / pronghorn / pronghorn antelope
- more generic word: ruminant = any of various cud-chewing hoofed mammals having a stomach divided into four (occasionally three) compartments
- member of: Antilocapra / genus Antilocapra = type and sole genus of the Antilocapridae comprising one species
- geographic area: Middle America, North America, Oceania
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for American antelope
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The eaprit, prong- horn, or so-called American antelope. It is peculiar to North America, and constitutes a distinct genus of ruminants, though it has considerable affinity to the chamois. &n-tl-l6g'-ar-lthm, s. [Gr, anii=against, and Eng. logarithm.] ...
An Exhaustive Dictionary of the English Language : Practical and Comprehensive : Giving the Fullest Definition (encyclopedic in Detail), the Origin, Pronunciation and Use of Words by Robert Hunter, Edward Thomas Roe, Le Roy Hooker, Thomas W. Handford
The caprit, pronghorn, or ed American antelope. is peculiar to North America, and constitutes a distinct genus of ruminants, though it has considerable affinity to the chamois. ān-ti-lög-arithm, s. [Gr. anti-against, and Eng. logarithm...] - - *1.
by Louisa Pansegrouw
American aeronautical inventor Orville Wright, Wilbur Wright American aloe agave, maguey American ant-eater ant-bear American antelope prongbuck, ...
A Work of Universal Reference in All Departments of Knowledge, with a New Atlas of the World by William Dwight Whitney
The American antelope or pronghorn, Antiloeapra americana. prong-chuck ( prdng'ohuk), n. A bunrishing- chuck with a steel prong. E. H. Knight. prongdoe ( pr6ng'dd), n. The female of the prongbuck. prong-hoe (pr6ng'ho), n. A hoe with prongs ...
Encyclopedia of Wyoming (2001)
by Nancy Capace
The American antelope or pronghorn, the only representative of the antelope goat family (a family distinct from ...
the American antelope also belongs to a different family, ...
The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia: The Century dictionary ... prepared under the superintendence of William Dwight Whitney ... rev. & enl. under the superintendence of Benjamin E. Smith (1911)
capra, a £ A genus of ruminants peculiar to North America, constituting the family Antilocaprida, and containing only the cabrit, pronghorn, or so-called American antelope, Antilocapra ...
A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and General Literature
American Antelope or Prong Buck, Caton, Am. Not, x., ...
by William Dwight Whitney, Benjamin Eli Smith
The American antelope or pronghom, Antilocapra americana. . prong-chuck ( pr6ng'chuk), n. A burnishing- chuek with a steel prong. E. H. Knight. prongdoe ( prong'do), n. The female of the prongbuck. prong-hoe (pr6ng'ho), n. A hoe with ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for American antelope
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about American antelope
If you need images about American antelope for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of American antelope to find many related words and phrases!