On this page:
- The American Association was a minor league baseball league at the Triple-A level of baseball in the United States from 1902 to 1962 and 1969 to 1997. Together with the International League, it contested the Junior World Series which determined the championship team in minor league baseball, at least for the eastern half of the United States. Later, its teams would also compete in the Triple-A World Series, and its players in the Triple-A All-Star Game.
- The American Association was a professional baseball major league that existed for 10 seasons from 1882 to 1891. During that time, it challenged the National League for dominance of professional baseball. Together with the NL, the AA participated in an early version of the World Series seven times. At the end of its run, several franchises of the AA joined the NL.
- also known as 美國協會
- The American Association was a professional American football league based in New York City. Founded in 1936 as a minor league with teams in New York and New Jersey, the AA extended its reach to Providence, Rhode Island prior to the onset of World War II. After a four-year hiatus, the league was renamed American Football League as it expanded to include teams in Ohio and Pennsylvania. In 1947, the Richmond Rebels of the Dixie League purchased the assets of the defunct AFL Long Island Islands… and jumped leagues.
- American Association is an author.
- written works: "AHA nursing activity study", "Taft-Hartley amendments", "The extended care unit in a general hospital;", "Medical staff cost containment, 1980", "Capital financing for hospitals", "Policy & Procedure Manual for Environmental Services", "Meditrends 1995-1996", "Mental health services and the general hospital", "AHA Hospital Statistics, 1990-1991", "Diet and menu guide for extended care facilities", "Implementing patient education in the hospital", "Policy statement on provision of health services", "Survey of hospital charges as of January 1, 1970", "1945 hospital review", "Bylaws approved September 17, 1968", "Environmental Assessment 91-92", "Media handbook", "Managerial Cost Accounting for Hospitals", "1998 State Medical Licensure Guidelines", "Shared food services in health care institutions", "Aha Guide to the Health Care Field, 2002/2003", "Cost and Compassion", "Innovations in hospital management", "Selected community hospital indicators, 1977", "Healthcare Quickdisc CDROM", "Job Description Manual", "Dartmouth Atlas of Cardiovascular Health Care", "The auxiliary", "Modernization needs in existing hospital buildings", "Community Benefit and Tax-Exempt Status", "Emergency services", "Manual on obstetrical practice in hospitals", "Management engineering for hospitals", "The practice of planning in health care institutions", "Social work in hospitals", "Use of radioisotopes in hospitals", "U.S. hospitals revenue reports, 1976-1977", "A reproduction of lectures presented at the American Hospital Association institute on establishing a new hospital", "Fire safety training in health care institutions", "Analyses of national health insurance proposals", "Psychiatric services in institutional settings", "Signs and graphics for health care facilities", "Careers in hospitals", "CT scanners", "Career goals of hospital school of nursing seniors", "Reference manual on hospital pharmacy", "Accounting manual for long-term care institutions", "Major Federal aid programs for hospitals", "Army, Navy, and Air Force medical training programs", "Code of hospital ethics"
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for American Association
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Transit Journal (1911)
As usual, the first meeting of the American Association is an open session. This session will be held this afternoon ...
California Outlook ... (1916)
The American Association is an organization of nearly seventy years' standing and is the largest general scientific organization in America.
A Practical Compilation of Today's Acronyms and Abbreviations
AAPHR American Association of Physicians for Human Rights AAPL American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law AAPM American Academy of Pain Management AAPMR American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation AAPOS ...
With a list of the most important medical and scientific journals and their traditional abbreviations by Rolf Heister
AAHM AAHP American Association of the History of Medicine American Association of Hospital Planning AAHPER American Academy for Health, Physical Education and Recreation AAI American Association of Immunologists AAID American ...
by Vergil L. Williams
Delinquency Alston Wilkes Society American Association of Correctional Psychology American Association of Correctional Training Personnel American Correctional Chaplains' Association American Correctional Food Service Association ...
Mosby's Dental Dictionary (2007)
by Elsevier, Mosby
Table E-1 Dental professional organizations Abbreviation Organization Website AADS American Association for Dental Schools http://www.aads.jhu.edu AAE American Association of Endodontists http://www.aae.org AAO American ...
by Aaron Brenner, Benjamin Day, Immanuel Ness
National Association of Working Women Agricultural Adjustment Administration American Association of University Professors American Communications Association Atlantic Coast Seamen's Union Amalgamated Clothing Workers of America ...
AA: Automated Access AAA: Authentic, Authorized, and Accountable AAACN: American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing AAAHC: Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care AAAI: American Association for Artificial Intelligence ...
by James H. Stramler, Jr.
American Association for Automotive Medicine (AAAM) American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) American Association of Electromyography and Electrodiagnosis ...
Ed. by Ross M. Mullner by Ross M. Mullner
American Association of Preferred Provider Organizations (AAPPO) American College of Healthcare Executives ( ACHE) ...
1992-1995 supplement for baseball, football, basketball, and other sports by David L. Porter
GENERAL* AA American Association AAU Amateur Athletic Union ABA American Basketball Association ABC American Broadcasting Company ABL American Basketball League AC Athletic Club ACC Atlantic Coast Conference AFL ...
HIMSS Dictionary of Healthcare Information Technology Terms, Acronyms and Organizations, Third Edition (2013)
Organization Credential Full Name Acronym Organization Full Name CCRN-E Adult Tele-ICU Acute/Critical Care Nursing AACN American Association of Critical-Care Nurses Certification Corporation CCS Certified Coding Specialist AHIMA ...
The Comprehensive Resource on Geriatric and Social Care, Second Edition by Eugenia L. Siegler, MD, FACP, Elizabeth Capezuti, PhD, RN, FAAN, Mathy Mezey, EdD, RN, FAAN
AARP (Previously the American Association of Retired Persons) Abuse Access to Care Active Life Expectancy Activities of Daily Living Adult Day Services Adult Foster Care Homes Adult Protective Services Advance Directives Advanced ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for American Association
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about American Association
Assyrian American Association
On Devon west of Clark.
Photo credit: enn-here
Video language resources about American Association
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of American Association!
Quotes about American Association
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of American Association to see it in context!