On this page:
Definition of the noun american blight
What does american blight mean as a name of something?
- primarily a bark feeder on aerial parts and roots of apple and other trees
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- scientific names: Aphis lanigera / species Aphis lanigera / Eriosoma mali / species Eriosoma mali / Eriosoma lanigerum
- synonym of American blight: woolly apple aphid
- more generic terms: woolly aphid / woolly plant louse = secretes a waxy substance like a mass of fine curly white cotton or woolly threads
- member of: Eriosoma / genus Eriosoma = woolly aphids
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for American blight
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by William H Steer
AMERICAN BLIGHT or WOOLLY APHIS. The apple and the oak are most subject to this pest. It is more correctly known as the woolly aphis, a woolly-looking substance of insect growth, infesting the bark of the tree, piercing the sap vessels, ...
The Rural Cyclopedia, Or A General Dictionary of Agriculture, and of the Arts, Sciences, Instruments, and Practice, Necessary to the Farmer, Stockfarmer, Gardener, Forester, Landsteward, Farrier, & C (1847)
by John Marius Wilson
The woolly blight, American blight,whiteblight, or apple blight bug, Eriosoma mali, Aphis lanigera, or Aphis lanata, is one of...
by Philip Miller
E— AMERICAN BLIGHT. 191 3. Slender-leaved Virgil's Flower (A. tenuifolius, Lamarck). A shrubby plant, supposed to be a native of the Cape of Good Hope : leaves alternate, line-like, entire, rather hairy ; branches one- flowered.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for American blight
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Anagrams of AMERICAN BLIGHT
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of American blight!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of American blight to find many related words and phrases!