American bog asphodel
is an acrostic for aba.
On this page:
Definition of the noun American bog asphodel
What does American bog asphodel mean as a name of something?
- of the eastern United States: New Jersey to South Carolina
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific names: Abama americana / species Abama americana / Abama montana / species Abama montana / Narthecium montanum / species Narthecium montanum / Narthecium ossifragum americanum / variety Narthecium ossifragum americanum / Narthecium americanum
- more generic term: bog asphodel = either of two herbaceous rushlike bog plants having small yellow flowers and grasslike leaves
- geographic area: North America
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for American bog asphodel
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Encyclopedia Americana (1918)
A Library of Universal Knowledge
americanum, American bog asphodel. False asphodel is a name given to several species of ...
Applied in England and Among English-speaking People to Cultivated and Wild Plants, Trees, and Shrubs by William Miller
American Bog Asphodel ossifragum. Common Bog Asphodel, Lancashire Asphodel, Maiden-hair, Yellow Grass Narthex Asafœtida. Asafœtida-plant Nasturtium amphibium. Great Water-cress, Water Radish, Yellow Cress lacustre. American ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for American bog asphodel
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of American bog asphodel to find many related words and phrases!