On this page:
Definition of the noun american bugbane
What does american bugbane mean as a name of something?
- bugbane of the eastern United States having erect racemes of white flowers
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific name: Cimicifuga americana
- synonym of American bugbane: summer cohosh
- more generic word: bugbane = a plant of the genus Cimicifuga having flowers in long racemes or panicles reported to be distasteful to insects
- geographic area: North America
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for American bugbane
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Frances Tenenbaum
American barrenwort, Vancouveria hexandra, 405 American beautyberry, Callicarpa americana, 65 American bittersweet, Celastrus scandens, 81 American bladdernut, Staphylea trifolia, 373 American bugbane, Cimicifuga americana, ...
Americana, American bugbane.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for American bugbane
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of American bugbane to find many related words and phrases!