American dog violet
is an acrostic for adv.
On this page:
Definition of the noun american dog violet
What does american dog violet mean as a name of something?
- violet of eastern North America having pale violet to white flowers
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific name: Viola conspersa
- more generic word: violet = any of numerous low-growing violas with small flowers
- geographic area: North America
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for American dog violet
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Donald Wyman
conspersa 6" Zone 3 American Dog Violet Clumps of small, heart-shaped leaves and profuse violet flowers striped with deep purple blooming in spring make this especially desirable for rock garden ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for American dog violet
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of American dog violet to find many related words and phrases!