On this page:
- American Dreams was an American television drama program broadcast on the NBC television network, produced by Once A Frog and Dick Clark Productions in association with Universal Network Television and NBC Studios. The show tells the story of the Pryor family of Philadelphia during the mid-1960s. Season one takes place in 1963–64, season two in 1964–65, and season three in 1965–66.
- begun on and completed on (9 years ago)
- 61 episodes of 60 or 43 minutes each, in 3 seasons
- country: United States of America
- created by Jonathan Prince
- regular cast:
- genres: Comedy-drama, Drama
- some of the awards:
- American Society of Cinematographers Award for Outstanding Achievement in Cinematography in Movies of the Week/Mini-Series/Pilot (Network) nomination for Brian J. Reynolds
- ADG Excellence in Production Design Awards - Television - Single Camera Television Series (For the pilot (#101)) nomination for Laura Hopkins, Matthew Budgeon, Philip Toolin
- Costume Designers Guild Award for Best Costume Design - Outstanding Period/Fantasy Television Series nomination for Jane Anderson
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Casting for a Drama Series nomination for Jason La Padura, Laura Adler, Natalie Hart & Coreen Mayrs
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Costumes for a Series (Where The Boys Are) nomination for Christine Burrows & Chrisi Karvonides-Dushenko
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Hairstyling - Series nomination for Cheri Ruff, Soo-Jin Yoon, Paulette Pennington
- TCA Award for Outstanding New Program
- Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Actress - Drama/Action Adventure nomination for Brittany Snow
- Teen Choice Award for Choice TV: Breakout Star Female nomination for Brittany Snow
- Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Breakout Show
- Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Show - Drama/Action Adventure
- Costume Designers Guild Award for Best Costume Design - Outstanding Period/Fantasy Television Series, received by Jane Anderson
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Costumes for a Series (Where The Boys Are), received by Christine Burrows & Chrisi Karvonides-Dushenko
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Hairstyling - Series, received by Soo-Jin Yoon, Cheri Ruff, Paulette Pennington
- TV Land Future Classic Award
- "American Dreams" is chock full of concrete, discrete elements that comprise an American iconography of the past three decades. The film encourages a kind of perverse nostalgia for 'the good old days': Nixon's 'you don't have Nixon to kick around any more'; Elvis' response to questions about his gyrating style and the rumour that once he shot his mother; Patty Hearst's 'Tania' statement; Senator Ribicoff's reference to 'Gestapo tactics in the streets of Chicago'. All of which is punctuated by the music of the period and set against a composite image of Hank Aaron memorabilia, and the sordid diary jottings of the would-be assassin, Arthur Bremer.
- "American Dreams" is a 2005 adult film directed by Michael Raven.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- genre: Pornographic film
- released in (10 years ago)
- "American Dreams" is a book written by Sapphire.
- "American dreams" is a book by John Jakes.
- "American dreams" is a book by Bastienne Schmidt.
- "American dreams" is a book by Eduardo González Viaña.
- "American dreams" is a book by Vernon Louis Parrington.
- also known as "American dreams; a study of American utopias"
There are many other writings with this title.
- "American Dreams" is an album by bassist Charlie Haden featuring saxophonist Michael Brecker recorded in 2002 and released on the Verve label.
- "American Dreams" is a studio album by American country music group The Oak Ridge Boys. It was released in 1989 via MCA Records. The album peaked at number 24 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart. It includes the singles "An American Family" and "No Matter How High", the latter of which was the group's last number 1 hit on Hot Country Songs. "Turning for Home" later served as the title track to Mike Reid's 1991 debut album Turning for Home.
- "American Dreams" is a musical album of Eric Burdon & Eric Burdon & the Animals.
- released in (20 years ago)
- "American Dreams" is a musical album of James Maple.
- released on
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for American Dreams
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Neil Druckman
Covvritten by the game's creative director Neil Druokmann and rising comics star Faith Erin Hicks, American Dreams is an action-packed coming-of-age tale and an essential story set in the world of the blockbuster new game The Last of Us!
Film Experience, Intro (2016)
by CTI Reviews
American Dreams: American Dreams is an American television comedydrama program broadcast on the NBC television network, produced by Once A Frog and Dick Clark Productions in association with Universal Network Television and ...
A Bit of Social Commentary on and a Philosophical Examination of Life in These Times by Ronald E. Kimmons, Ph.D.
How these mothers pursued these needs and the American Dreams is a function of the circumstances in which they practiced the ...
Just Peace Theory Book One (2012)
Spiritual Morality, Radical Love, and the Public Conversation by Valerie Elverton Dixon
The American Dreams is a dream of peace and prosperity, knowing that war and prosperity do not and cannot walk together. At this moment in American history, the primary problem before the nation is budget deficits. The deficit is a real ...
Theatre As Human Action (2016)
Arts, Performing arts by CTI Reviews
American Dreams is an American television comedydrama program broadcast on the NBC television network, produced by Once A Frog and Dick Clark Productions in association with Universal Network Television and NBC Studios ( these ...
by CTI Reviews
American Dreams is an American television comedydrama ...
Arts, Arts by CTI Reviews
American Dreams is an American television comedydrama program broadcast.
The Authors by Philip A. Greasley
224 American Dreams (Jakes), 287 American Dreams: Lost and Found (Terkel), 489 American Dreams: The Imagination ...
by Jonathan H. X. Lee, Kathleen M. Nadeau
Asian American Dreams: The Emergence of a People. New York: Farrar, Straus and Giroux, ...
by Gerald D. Jaynes
Young Lives, American Dreams: African American and Caribbean Youth of Brooklyn. New York: DuBois Bunche Center for Public Policy, 2002. Jessamy- Babb, Cathy. Cultural Differences Between Caribbean Americans and African Americans ...
1930-2010 by James Fisher
American Dreams: The Imagination of Sam Shepard. New York: PAJ, 1981. Mason, Jeffrey D. Stone Tower: The Political Theatre of Arthur Miller. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 2008.
by EPUB 2-3
American Dreams, American Nightmares. Carbondale: Southern Illinois University Press, 1970. Madden, ed. Rediscoveries: Informal Essays in Which ...
A Historical Encyclopedia of the American Mosaic by Nikki L. M. Brown, Barry M. Stentiford
Many credit Levittown with the beginning of suburban sprawl and the movement away from cities as it fulfilled the American dreams of many families in the 1950s by providing them with affordable homes, plenty of space for children to play, ...
by Gerard C. Wertkin
American Dreams,American Visions .Shelburne,Vt., 2003. DEBORAH LYTTLE ASH SHELLEY, DONALD A.:SEE FRAKTUR.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for American Dreams
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about American Dreams
Photo credit: majorvols
Marisela - American Dreams Song with Sign Language
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of American Dreams to see it in context!