On this page:
Definition of the noun american feverfew
What does american feverfew mean as a name of something?
- stout perennial herb of the eastern United States with whitish flowers; leaves traditionally used by Catawba Indians to treat burns
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific names: Parthenium auriculatum / species Parthenium auriculatum / Parthenium hispidum / species Parthenium hispidum / Parthenium hispidum auriculatum / variety Parthenium hispidum auriculatum / Parthenium hispidum hispidum / variety Parthenium hispidum hispidum / Parthenium hispidum typicum / variety Parthenium hispidum typicum / Parthenium integrifolium integrifolium / form Parthenium integrifolium integrifolium / Parthenium integrifolium auriculatum / variety Parthenium integrifolium auriculatum / Parthenium integrifolium henryanum / variety Parthenium integrifolium henryanum / Parthenium integrifolium hispidum / variety Parthenium integrifolium hispidum / variety Parthenium integrifolium integrifolium / Parthenium integrifolium mabryanum / variety Parthenium integrifolium mabryanum / Parthenium radfordii / species Parthenium radfordii / Parthenium repens / species Parthenium repens / Parthenium integrifolium
- synonyms of American feverfew: prairie dock / wild quinine
- more generic words: subshrub / suffrutex = low-growing woody shrub or perennial with woody base
- member of: genus Parthenium / Parthenium = small genus of North American herbs and shrubs with terminal panicles of small ray flowers
- geographic area: North America
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for American feverfew
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Donald Wyman
integrifolium 4' Zone 5 American Feverfew A member of the Composite Family, growing in open fields and plains from N.Y. to Ga. and Tex. The alternate leaves are elliptic or ovate and toothed, and may be up ...
—Wild uinine, Parthenium integrifolium, a bitter weed of the southern United States, sometimes called American feverfew. See Parthenium. quinine-bush (kwin'ên-bush or kwi'nin-bush ), n.
Wild uinine, Parthenium integrifolium, a bitter weed of e southern United States, sometimes called American feverfew. See Parthenium. quinine-bush (kwin'ên- bush or kwinin-bush), n. The bear-brush, Garrya Fremontii: so called because its ...
The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia: The Century dictionary ... prepared under the superintendence of William Dwight Whitney ... rev. & enl. under the superintendence of Benjamin E. Smith (1914)
by William Dwight Whitney, Benjamin Eli Smith
The American feverfew, Parthcnium ...
The American feverfew, Parthenium integrifolium. prairie-fowl (prā'ri-foul), n. The prairie-hen. prairie-grouse (prä'ri-grous), n. The prairieen. prairie-hare (prā' ri-hār ), n. A common light gray hare, Lepus campestris, of the western United States.
The Century dictionary (1914)
an encyclopedic lexicon of the English language by William Dwight Whitney, Benjamin Eli Smith
The American feverfew, Parthenium intvgrifolium. prairie-fowl (pra 'ri-foul), «. The prairie-hen. prairie-grouse (pra'ri-grous), ». The prairie- hen. prairie-hare (pra'ri-har), n. A common light gray hare, Lcptts campestris, ...
The American feverfew or prairie-dock, Parthenium integrifolium, a stout composite plant with numerous small white-flowered heads in dense terminal corymbs: found from Maryland to Minnesota and south to Georgia and Texas.
The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia, with a New Atlas of the World: The Century dictionary ... prepared under the superintendence of William Dwight Whitney ... rev. & enl. under the superintendence of Benjamin E. Smith (1913)
The American feverfew or prairie-dock, Parthenium integnfolium, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for American feverfew
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about American feverfew
If you need images about American feverfew for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of American feverfew to find many related words and phrases!