On this page:
Definition of the noun american gallinule
What does american gallinule mean as a name of something?
- American purple gallinule
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- scientific name: Porphyrula martinica
- more generic term: purple gallinule = gallinules with showy purplish plumage
- member of: genus Porphyrula / Porphyrula = American purple gallinules
- geographic area: Caribbean, North America
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for American gallinule
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
;Rice′ glue, a cement made by boiling riceflour in soft water; Rice′hen, the common American gallinule; Rice′milk, milk boiled and thickened with rice; Rice′pā′ per, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for American gallinule
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of American gallinule to find many related words and phrases!