American grey birch
On this page:
Definition of the noun American grey birch
What does American grey birch mean as a name of something?
- medium-sized birch of eastern North America having white or pale grey bark and valueless wood; occurs often as a second-growth forest tree
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific name: Betula populifolia
- synonyms of American grey birch: American gray birch / gray birch / grey birch
- more generic terms: birch / birch tree = any betulaceous tree or shrub of the genus Betula having a thin peeling bark
- member of: Betula / genus Betula = a genus of trees of the family Betulaceae
- geographic area: North America
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for American grey birch
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of American grey birch to find many related words and phrases!