On this page:
Definition of the noun american larch
What does american larch mean as a name of something?
- medium-sized larch of Canada and northern United States including Alaska having a broad conic crown and rust-brown scaly bark
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific names: Abies americana / species Abies americana / Abies microcarpa / species Abies microcarpa / Abies pendula / species Abies pendula / Larix alaskensis / species Larix alaskensis / Larix americana / species Larix americana / Larix americana incurva / variety Larix americana incurva / Larix americana pendula / variety Larix americana pendula / Larix americana prolifera / variety Larix americana prolifera / Larix americana rubra / variety Larix americana rubra / Larix dahurica americana / variety Larix dahurica americana / Larix europaea pendula / variety Larix europaea pendula / Larix fraseri / species Larix fraseri / Larix intermedia / species Larix intermedia / Larix laricina depressa / form Larix laricina depressa / Larix laricina laricina / form Larix laricina laricina / Larix laricina lutea / form Larix laricina lutea / Larix laricina parvistrobus / form Larix laricina parvistrobus / Larix laricina alaskensis / subspecies Larix laricina alaskensis / variety Larix laricina alaskensis / Larix laricina americana / variety Larix laricina americana / variety Larix laricina lutea / variety Larix laricina parvistrobus / Larix microcarpa / species Larix microcarpa / Larix microcarpa pendula / variety Larix microcarpa pendula / Larix pendula / species Larix pendula / Larix rubra / species Larix rubra / Larix tenuifolia / species Larix tenuifolia / Larix pendula contorta / form Larix pendula contorta / Larix pendula repens / variety Larix pendula repens / Pinus intermedia / species Pinus intermedia / Pinus laricina / species Pinus laricina / Pinus larix alba / variety Pinus larix alba / Pinus larix americana / variety Pinus larix americana / Pinus larix nigra / variety Pinus larix nigra / Pinus larix pendula / variety Pinus larix pendula / Pinus larix rubra / variety Pinus larix rubra / Pinus microcarpa / species Pinus microcarpa / Pinus pendula / species Pinus pendula / Larix laricina
- synonyms of American larch: black larch / tamarack
- more generic terms: larch / larch tree = any of numerous conifers of the genus Larix all having deciduous needlelike leaves
- geographic area: North America
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for American larch
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Applied in England and Among English-speaking People to Cultivated and Wild Plants, Trees, and Shrubs by William Miller
American Larch ...
The Common American Larch (L. americana) — the Tamarack ...
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology by Umberto Quattrocchi
Koch English: American larch, tamarack L. lyallii Parl. English: subalpine larch L. occidentalis Nutt. English: western larch L. potaninii Batal. (Larix thibetica Franch. ) ...
by Donald Wyman
probably because the American Larch (L. laricina) usually grows in moist to wet soils, while the others do well in a well-drained soil. Be that as it may, there are 2 varieties with pendulous branches and if the larches must be grown, these ...
by Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc
The most common North American larch is the eastern larch, also called the tamarack or hackrnatack. It takes about 100 to 200 years for the eastern larch to become fully grown.
by Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc
The most common North American larch is the eastern larch, also called the tamarack or hackmatack. It takes about 100 to 200 years for the eastern larch to become fully grown.
by Carole J. Skelly
AMERICAN LARCH: See LARCH. AMERICAN LAUREL: See MOUNTAIN LAUREL. AMERICAN LINDEN TREE: See LINDEN FLOWERS. AMERICAN MANDRAKE: See MAYAPPLE. AMERICAN MISTLETOE: See MISTLETOE. AMERICAN ...
by Sir Joseph Paxton, John Lindley
The American larch is a magnificent vegetable, with a straight, slender trunk, eighty or a hundred feet in height and two or three feet in diameter. Its numerous branches, except near the summit, are horizontal or declining. The bark is smooth ...
The Rural Cyclopedia, Or A General Dictionary of Agriculture, and of the Arts, Sciences, Instruments, and Practice, Necessary to the Farmer, Stockfarmer, Gardener, Forester, Landsteward, Farrier, & C (1857)
by John Marius Wilson
The black larch or pendulous-branched American larch, Larix pendula ...
And of the Arts, Sciences, Instruments, and Practice, Necessary to the Farmer, Stockfarmer, Gardener, Forester, Landsteward, Farrier, &c by John Marius Wilson
The black larch or pendulous-branched American larch, Larix pendula, ...
Embracing All the Recent Discoveries in Agricultural Chemistry, and the Use of Mineral, Vegetable and Animal Manures, with Descriptions and Figures of American Insects, Injurious to Vegetation : Being a Complete Guide for the Cultivation of Every Variety of Garden and Field Crops : Illustrated by Numerous Engravings of Grasses, Grains, Animals, Implements, Insects, Etc by Cuthbert William Johnson, Gouverneur Emerson
The American larch, like that of Europe, is a magnificent vegetable, with a straight , slender trunk 80 or 100 feet in height, and 2 or 3 feet in diameter. Its numerous branches, except near the summit, are horizontal or declining. The bark is ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for American larch
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about American larch
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Anagrams of AMERICAN LARCH
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of American larch!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of American larch to find many related words and phrases!